KING 10x22 lathe

Thread: KING 10x22 lathe

Downloads
    Uploads

Default KING 10x22 lathe

I'm posting about the King 10x22 Lathe. It's been around for a really long time and would like to hear peoples stories on performance and longevity. Maybe things that have been built on it?
    Some adjustments which make it better to use as is? First thing I noticed was the drive belts do not line up and need the idler puller moved over. It shreds the side of the belt off.
    This is a new machine for me, I find it quite a step up from 7x16 micromark.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: KING 10x22 lathe

Hi ALO. I like mine. Had it for about 5 years. Added an AXA quick change tool post, that's about the only change. I've made steel and aluminum parts, finish is what you'd expect from a small lathe. Threading is sometimes a bit weird to figure out which change gears to use, and I never did get the smaller belt so I could use the lower speed range. In fact I just ordered one up the other day (3L29 i believe).

I'd like to CNC it someday, what about you?