Need Help! Industrial Sewing Machine motors

Thread: Industrial Sewing Machine motors

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Industrial Sewing Machine motors

Can a industrial sewing machine motors lever type be exchanged for some kind of potentiometer? The regulator or switch that is there now seems to be some kind of magnet switch or lever where there is a magnet on a lever that moves over a sensor to regulate or turn on the motor. I could use the lever that came with the kit but it ruins my whole lathe design that im building, dont know where to put it cause its really big, and a potentimeter would take up so much less space. All help is greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Industrial Sewing Machine motors-20210629_204214-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default re: Industrial Sewing Machine motors

Following.... I wanna use one foe a cnc lathe spindle motor. it is like 175vDC to earth...... it's crazy high voltage.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Industrial Sewing Machine motors

Hello, So it has been a while, I haven't found anything on what to do with the speed control but im close to finished with the lathe, did a startup today. Would have been nice to have a small potentiometer above the power button but the good thing so far is the lathe works great, made it to cut Gold, Silver and Bronze but it does cut steel as well, happy with the build. Got some tinkering to adjust things but It will do for my jewelry creations. This is in no way a precision machine but it will do for me.

Last edited by burs; 08-16-2021 at 06:55 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

If you have a volt meter you can check if the foot pedal is a potentiometer itself (i bet it is). If it is, you can easily swap it out with a rotary style potentiometer.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CS900 View Post
    If you have a volt meter you can check if the foot pedal is a potentiometer itself (i bet it is). If it is, you can easily swap it out with a rotary style potentiometer.
    I do have a really cheap 10 dollar multimeter hopefully that might work. Thank you that is really helpful,

Downloads
    Uploads

That should work fine so long as you can measure up to the supply voltage going into the switch. There are lots of tutorials on how to read a potentiometer that will do the process far more justice than I can do.

Downloads
    Uploads

Check out https://www.cnczone.com/forums/gecko...ine-motor.html where the Hall Effect component was replaced by a potentiometer. See the circuit in Post #12

Jim

If it weren't for the last minute nothing would ever get done.
    Jim

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes it can be, check out this guy on eBay, sells whole kits to do the swap as well as just individual components.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Industrial-...-127632-2357-0