Converting Chinese WM210v Lathe to CNC

Thread: Converting Chinese WM210v Lathe to CNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Converting Chinese WM210v Lathe to CNC

Hello guys,

I'm going to purchase a Chinese WM210v mini lathe. My main focus with this lathe is to produce HTD5 pulleys made out from Aluminium 6061.
    I would like to convert this machine to work as CNC, adding Nema23 motors to the X and Y axis. Controlling the the lathe motor, including the X and Y axis, will be done with TB6600 or DQ542MA.

I have few questions about the conversation process.
    1. This is the lathe motor (850w) - Aliexpress. If I'll connect the marked connector wires to a stepper controller, do you think it will work and I'll have the ability to control the motor steps?

2. As for the X and Y axis , does anyone have any experience with doing so?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Converting Chinese WM210v Lathe to CNC

Quote Originally Posted by Style View Post
    Hello guys,

I'm going to purchase a Chinese WM210v mini lathe. My main focus with this lathe is to produce HTD5 pulleys made out from Aluminium 6061.
    I would like to convert this machine to work as CNC, adding Nema23 motors to the X and Y axis. Controlling the the lathe motor, including the X and Y axis, will be done with TB6600 or DQ542MA.

I have few questions about the conversation process.
    1. This is the lathe motor (850w) - Aliexpress. If I'll connect the marked connector wires to a stepper controller, do you think it will work and I'll have the ability to control the motor steps?

2. As for the X and Y axis , does anyone have any experience with doing so?
    It is better to get the full CNC retrofit kit including the CNC controller, AC servo motors and drivers, with all the cables and connectors ready, and it is the way to get the best performance and best compatibility.

http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cncmakers001 View Post
    It is better to get the full CNC retrofit kit including the CNC controller, AC servo motors and drivers, with all the cables and connectors ready, and it is the way to get the best performance and best compatibility.
    You’re correct, but I wasn’t able to find such a kit for the WM210v lathe.
    If you are aware of any, I would like to see it.