sherline mill and lathe in Paxton/Patterson enclosures

Thread: sherline mill and lathe in Paxton/Patterson enclosures

Downloads
    Uploads

Default sherline mill and lathe in Paxton/Patterson enclosures

Hello,

I have a sherline mill and lathe, both in a Paxton/Patterson configuration/enclosure. I took all 'electronics" out and replaced it with "mach3" compatible stuff and upgraded the stepper motors.

Now I am looking at taking the "mechanics" apart and clean/lube them (one back lash nit came out). These things have been sitting still for more than a decade.

I was wondering if there are some videos on how to take a sherline mill/lathe apart, get the lead screws out, replace backlash nuts etc.

There are some screws on the mill, that I wonder about what they are for (figured that before I enthousiastically start unscrewing things, I better make sure no springs and ball bearings come flying out.

thanks,

Ron

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: sherline mill and lathe in Paxton/Patterson enclosures

I'm starting the same project on the lathe. Do you happen to have any pics of what you did? I'm looking for a wiring diagram. I can't figure out how they did it. Green, white seem obvious but 3 blacks? And curious how to wire the switch for cnc/manual also.

MaxNC15 - currently under construction
    Torchmate 2x2 with Flashcut CNC Controls