Need Help! College Centurion 1 (updated last to Centurion V) Troubles

Thread: College Centurion 1 (updated last to Centurion V) Troubles

Downloads
    Uploads

Default College Centurion 1 (updated last to Centurion V) Troubles

Hello All,
    I work for a State run college, and we have a great Acer-Milltronics knee mill that was really working well until both the CMOS and SRAM batteries died. We're working on trying to find a long term solution that isn't going to cost $8000 (no one will take the re-solder job for less than that in our area), however when I'm able to get in with the power still on, the handwheel option no longer shows up, home doesn't work (just sets home as were it is currently sitting) and we've lost all parameters. Due to the age of the machine, we have one working manual that says all of our settings, intro documents, recovery methods should be in a separate setup sheet, which we can't find... I've been in communication with Milltronics, and they have yet to reply to our recent findings about the software seems to be missing parts, and we're on week 3 of waiting for that, while the machine has been technically down for more than two months. I'm getting a lot of pressure from above to get it fixed or put it on the chopping block. Is there any one out there that may have the access level codes, or is that machine specific? If I'm able to put a bypass on the battery in the mean time (jumper it to a new 3.5 lithium as a work around until I can figure out how we're going to reliably rework this with a required state vendor...) and boot up, I'd need to know how to get the parameters in, and to do that I have to have a higher level access right, which... Yeah, I can't seem to get that info any where.

Thanks for any help in advance!