Need Help! Partner 1 E-stop and 24v power supply problems

Thread: Partner 1 E-stop and 24v power supply problems

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Partner 1 E-stop and 24v power supply problems

Hi everyone, hopefully someone has some suggestions.

I have a 1997 Partner 1 with centurion 5 control, AC servos and Emerson servo drives. I'm pretty good/familiar with this machine but I'm at a loss on this one. I was handwheel facemilling some steel, just testing out a new cutter to see if I was going to use it on an upcoming job, only about .010 cut. So minimal load, no issues there. The machine randomly E-stopped and gave an error 449 I believe, which randomly happens on occasion. Usually, I just shut the machine down restart and rehome and no problem. This time, it would not come up to the error 450 to let me hit the reset button and power up the drives. It would randomly flash the 449 on and off, wouldn't let me reset at all. So, I ran through all the standard things, reseated the cards, amps, etc. Now, the machine boots up but no 449 OR 450, the computer acts like I have already hit reset but nothing is powering up as far as the servos, enclosure lights, etc. All the cards and servo amps have green leds lit, no apparent issues there. Then I started thinking 24v power supply. I've had one fail a year or so ago, so I've been running on a spare. Checked for 24v and no go. Ordered the voltage regulators and fixed both power supplies. Bench tested them both and get 24v using a pigtail for 110v from a wall outlet. Tried both in the machine and get 0.5v output on the 24v output. There is 111v input at the power supply, and I also tested with the pigtail and still only get 0.5v. Unpinned the 2 24v output wires from the connector (pins 4 and 5) and get 24v on the circuit board of the supply. Also of note, none of the leds are lit on the relay board (with the ice cube relays) or the two relay boards next to that one (can't remember the exact name of those off the top of my head). I checked my e-stop switch with a meter, seems to work as advertised. Also, I can't hold reset to temporarily energize anything, no flash of the lights on the front panel on startup, and no indications under the diags screen when I trip the limit switches that I have been able to reach. I think I have cleaned all of the x and y switches (they get chips on them sometimes and cause problems) and the z home and upper limit. I haven't been able to get to the lower z limit switch yet. Not sure it would be the limit switches though, as you can usually hold reset and get the drives to energize in order to jog off the limits. I got nothing at all.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm trying to be as descriptive as possible. Hopefully someone has some ideas, I'm fresh out.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris