Y axis servo drive

Thread: Y axis servo drive

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Y axis servo drive

Hello again everyone
    Well I got the z axis figured out and it homed a couple of times. Came in to start it today and now the y axis light is red on the servo drive. Also getting an error message again. I assume it doesn’t mean that the servo drive is necessary bad? Where would one start looking to find the problem? I took the way covers off the front of the machine and the cavities where just full of shaving’s. Cleaned most of that out but still nothing? Is there a way to test the limit switches? I can see 2 of them but very hard to get too. The machine is a vm17 b serial number 4725. I would appreciate any help you could give me on getting started with this problem. I would someday like to be able to use it lol. Thanks again.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Y axis servo drive

Is there any alarm code on the Y axis servo drive? or any alarm code on the CNC controller?

http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes there is a red alarm light on the y servo drive. The controller shows a 449 code I believe?. I didn’t think to look at what I would call the main vfd? Would it show anything on there?

Downloads
    Uploads

...check incoming Voltage to your machine. To high or to low of voltage can cause problems. And dont just answer its ok...tell us what it is from Line to Line.
    https://www.google.com/search?client...+3+phase+power

Also, would help if you post the Model/Make of drive units in question

Downloads
    Uploads

That could be it? I checked it when I hooked it up and I think it was reading 216 volts? Should be 220. I will recheck it tonight and let you know.

Downloads
    Uploads

You can see all the limits switches on the diagnostics page, push the plungers in or trip them and you can see if they are all functioning.

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh I didn’t know that. I will try that too. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Okay so from ground to each leg is 128.0 and from leg to leg it’s 221.2 hertz are exactly 60. I still have a red alarm light on the y axis servo. I took some pictures I will try and send to see if you see something wrong. My next question is where do I find the option to post pictures? Lol I will keep looking.

Downloads
    Uploads

Update on the machine. I switched the x and y axis cables around and got all 3 green lights. Shut machine and swapped them back and still have all 3 green lights and it homes like it should now. My question is do you think I have a bad y axis cable? All 3 cables really new to be replaced because the ends are pretty cracked up where they plug into the servo drives. Do I have to get them through milltronics or is that something I can buy elsewhere? Is there anything special I need to know when ordering them or installing them? Thanks for everyone’s help so far.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich14 View Post
    My next question is where do I find the option to post pictures? Lol I will keep looking.
    ...Go Advanced button 1st

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Y axis servo drive-upload-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: X axis servo drive

Good morning. Milltronics Partner 1 H series machine, serial number 3070, year of production 1998. Damaged X-axis motor - damaged stator magnets. Motor control using Glentek GA370-3 series 50204062 board. No motor name or number. I need the number and name of the engine that works on the X axis - maybe you have access to used - new parts. Regards.