Multi Format card Reader HELP!!

Thread: Multi Format card Reader HELP!!

Default Multi Format card Reader HELP!!

I have 7 Miltonic's VKM4 with Centurion 7 Controllers at our school that I teach at. Currently our machines have the USB emulator provided by Milltronics installed. The issue like most people is the programs we are creating for projects are over 1.44Mb which is causing a huge issue as that file size is to large for the emulator.

From reading the forum our best option would be to install the Multi format card reader.

I have scoured the internet to find out what I need to do to install these but have not found a guide of sorts.

Once I have sourced the multi format card reader is it a hot swap with the usb emulator and then install drivers and its good or is there more to it.

Is there a written guide i can follow to install the device drivers and reader.

Thanks to all that help

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Multi Format card Reader HELP!!

...Drip Feed is what you need to do.
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/millt...-software.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure about the Centurion 7 control, but my feeling is that you still won't be able to download anything larger than 1.44MB. There is still hope however as "Sportybob" has written a program to install on the machine that will read ZIP files as long as the ZIP file does not exceed 1.44MB. Do a search for "Sportybob" on this forum to get his phone number. I regularly run large files and this works for me. With the right cam software, breaking a large program into smaller ones is pretty easy.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think they have been discontinued.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
    I think they have been discontinued.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    The Multi function card reader is a standard reader that you can get from any computer store im pretty sure.

Most of the reading that i have seen from sportybob is once the drivers are installed then you can run programs up to 2gb which is huge if thats the case. I have PM sportybob but have not heard from him yet.

So i have done more reading up on this and i found this post which was vary useful for dripfeed /DNC
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/millt...50667-cnc.html

I have fastcam and I can get NClink on the computer.

If someone can make sure im correct in saying this, If i get a Db25 to USB cable i should be able to connect directly from my laptop to the Mill and send code Via Fastcam or NCLink?

Our computers all use Windows 10 so i will have to turn off FIFO in the advanced settings.

Is there more to this that im missing.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by the_abuse View Post
    So i have done more reading up on this and i found this post which was vary useful for dripfeed /DNC
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/millt...50667-cnc.html

I have fastcam and I can get NClink on the computer.

If someone can make sure im correct in saying this, If i get a Db25 to USB cable i should be able to connect directly from my laptop to the Mill and send code Via Fastcam or NCLink?

Our computers all use Windows 10 so i will have to turn off FIFO in the advanced settings.

Is there more to this that im missing.

Hi All, sorry for the late response, ( I've been slacking :-0 ) Adonics does not make the multifunction drive any longer ;-( . There are a couple of other options available..
    1. my floppy emulator, it will have 100 floppy sectors to use. if the control has a single board computer in it, I can add nu zip file option. This allows a program of about 4.5Mb to be zipped up, loaded into the machine and then unzipped in the control..
    2. networking, can be done, but it is a PIA and open permission's must be given, Wi 7, " cried and screams like a little girl in a bug factory" Win "she went home and brought back her twin sister" But it can be done.
    3. full 2 GB "Hot Swappable" thumb drive. I can do this on several controls. (not all).

If interested give me a call.

952-288-6340

Sportybob

Downloads
    Uploads

I used SD card which was used for installing Windows using https://win32diskimager.org still it worked!