RW15 with centurion 7 add 4th axis???

Thread: RW15 with centurion 7 add 4th axis???

Downloads
    Uploads

Question RW15 with centurion 7 add 4th axis???

I am kinda new to milltronics. Im hoping theres a milltronics guru here somewhere. My wife purchased one used to do some of her work on. It does not have the 4th axis card in the back. My questions start with, is it possible to still get the yaskawa drives for this machine? Or do we need something else to add a 4th axis? Is this machine capable of even having a 4th axis?

Thanks,
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: RW15 with centurion 7 add 4th axis???

Dan, give this guy a call. I am pretty sure he will be able to answer all of your questions.

Bob McManus 952-288-6340
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm looking forward to doing the same upgrade on my RH19 Cent7. Using the correct Yaskawa drives & motors would be the easiest/best way to do this. It might be a good idea to upgrade to the Sigma 5 as they are more available.

As for my 4th axis upgrade, I'm looking to save some cash and try and use DMM DYN4 drive and motor. Then, if possible find a used 4th to complete the system. If cash wasn't short, I would be calling Bob again and have it up and running with the correct factory recommended parts & parameters. The DMM servo drive, motor, encoder and motor power cable run about $600. Custom wiring from the interface panel of my Cent7 will take some work as well as getting it to work correctly in the end. I'm just eating all the time in this project. If my machine was running production I would probably not consider using an off brand.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan, Give me a call.

sportybob
    952-288-6340
    emtsllc@embarqmail.com