Need Help! Milltronics VM15 ATC issue

Thread: Milltronics VM15 ATC issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Milltronics VM15 ATC issue

Any advice? My new to me (but well worn out) VM15 mill is having "out of pocket" issues with tools 7 to 16 on the tool changer, 1 to 6 work great. My only theory is 1 through 6 were primarily used and are well polished. I have cleaned greased, oiled, etc all of the working parts. It looks to me that on a tool change it rotates one spot, trips the in pocket sensor, then when the motor stops it bounces back and in turn un-trips the sensor, I have tried fiddling with the ATC parameters for COAST and BRAKE which were originally 110 and 60. No luck so I switched them back to the original. Its as if its not electronically braking. I have also grabbed the cam gear and there is a little play (maybe .01" at max of rotation), but nothing substantial like the bounce back in the video, I'm pulling my hear out so any help would be awesome! Thanks!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Milltronics VM15 ATC issue

It looks like its braking too much, shouldn't turn backwards once it stops, but it also looks like it's going too far before it stops. On my partner 1 there is a proximity switch horizontally on the dia above the cam and pin that move the carousel. If you have something similar, you might need to increase the gap so the sensor trips sooner and therefore stops the rotation sooner. Here is a pic of mine. Just went through something similar a few weeks ago, but mine was the prox switch in the pic.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Milltronics VM15 ATC issue

It looks like its braking too much. It should just stop and not turn back. Check your transformer in the back and see if you have the correct jumper setup for your input voltage and that your output voltage is correct. I just went through a similar situation on my P1H. Also, maybe your proximity sensor might need to be adjusted a little further away from the shaft so it trips sooner? Here is a pic of mine, might be a little different but I imagine the concept is the same.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk