Partner 1 with Centurion V won't allow conversational programming

Thread: Partner 1 with Centurion V won't allow conversational programming

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Partner 1 with Centurion V won't allow conversational programming

Please bear with me, as I am entirely new to the CNC world. I bought a Partner 1 recently, to manufacture parts for by custom pistol business. I am trying to teach myself how to run this machine, and have only had it powered up for a couple days so far. I have noticed when ever I try to open an existing conversational program, or start a new one, I get an error 154. I then have to restart the machine to do anything. The screen says CRC error in data, diskette is bad or not formatted. I have been able to enter parametric text programming and run it. It was a short engraving program I did just to try it. After running it, I saved that program to the floppy with no problem.
    A little bit about my controller that has me a little stumped as well. It is a Centurion V, and on the info screen after the Centurion V it says 5.76. Lower on that screen it reads MS - DOS 6.22, which I've read wasn't used on the 5, only the 6. Also, I have no simdisk card, rather a 1GB hard drive that looks to have been added at some point.
    Any advise on getting the conversational working, or just shedding some light on what I may have going on with this hard drive, would be appreciated

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Partner 1 with Centurion V won't allow conversational programming

Hi ACC216, most likely the "full DOS file names is turned on in the MISC parameters which puts it into text file operation. The CRC is a corrupted file / disk of some kind.

give me a call tomorrow and we'll get it sorted out.

sportybob
    952-288-6340

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Partner 1 with Centurion V won't allow conversational programming

Hey Sportybob, I'm sorry I never saw you had responded. I'm still getting the error 154, now it also does it when I try to download files from the floppy. It doesn't do it all the time, but almost always on files over 200KB. I have managed to get files over 500KB in, and once downloaded it runs them fine in DNC from the hard drive. When is the best time of day to call you? I am on EST, and am not at the machine until after 5pm. I appreciate any help.