Centurion 7

Thread: Centurion 7

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Centurion 7

Hello, is there a way to see the G53 machine scale position on the screen? Machine is a milltronics vm25 with a Centurion 7, 2003 year, also how about a timer that shuts off the screen at Idle? thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Centurion 7

Hi, MICS params
    Screen Blank Time (min) Time in minutes to blank the screen if no key is pressed

Coordinate systems
    Machine zero (G53) is a fixed point on the machine. The machine tool builder normally decides the machine zero point. A limit switch and encoder marker pulse on each axis sets it.
    The machine zero point is established when the F1(Home) command is first executed. Once the machine zero point is established, it is not changed by reset, coordinate system call (G54-G59), coordinate system shift (G92), or local coordinate system setting (G52).
    Software limits are set from the machine zero point.
    Machine coordinate system (G53)
    A G53 code preceding any XYZ move will cause those dimensions to be relative to the machine zero

I do not believe that you can show that on the display.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply sportybob, I just found the screen parameter today, didn't seem like it worked, you must have to power down? I guess I'll find out in the morning. I know what the G53 is but wish I could see the position on a screen somewhere like every other machine I have ran, I like to write down the numbers for my work coordinates in case I have to pick them up again, some of the other machines I have ran you needed them to punch in the work coordinates, and use them in a macro or whatever, guess I'm old school. the only place I see them is in the work coordinates, but that's only after setting them, not real time, don't get me wrong, I like the way this machine set's them, just a button and your done, kinda like a haas, like I said some of the older machines/controls I ran I would have to punch them in or write a macro to do it (hate the fat finger thing) anyway getting to like this machine some, I really like the 2nd mpg handle, the one you plug in, it has a button on the side that will set the work coordinate, very cool, just getting into the Parameters to get it more to my liking. thanks again sportybob, I hear you are the man when it comes to milltronics!

Downloads
    Uploads

G54 etc are stored in parameters as G53 offsets so you can pick them up in there if needed

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the reply, yes that is the only place I have seen them and that's only after you set a work coordinate, I want to see a page that shows the G53 position anywhere I move the machine and not only after I set a work coordinate, you know "real time" I watched a video with the new vm and 9000 control and on the main Run screen it showed the machine scale (G53) so I thought maybe the 7 control had a parameter for it some where ? Thank's again

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi "Posirake" yes the 8200 / 8200B and 9000 controls offer the selection of "different" views ( in my opinion it gets most users "confused" " but for the ones that "want to do it that way" you got it. Milltronics has always been there to give the customer "what they want". The vast majority of conversational programming options, have come from the users. "how can I" "why can't I" " can you" and they listen. Each software update adds new user functions. 99% brought on by customers requests. Who else can offer a conversational, drill /peck drill / tap in X or Y axis. ( yes you need a 90 degree adaptor).
    3D modeling ( gee, I want to make a beer bottle). multiple island pocket clear, manual pocket clear. ( gee, I want to clear here, then here, then over here.) etc, etc, etc.

If that is not enough, you can use cad/cam, if you really want to go the distance, use the parametric "macro" programming ( imagine an arced and curved 5 bladed fan in 13 lines of code) Oh yea buddy. Warning! sometimes MATH intensive. but see the Parametric programming section in the manual. But, " Yous guys" are smart.

Bottom line, I don't know of ANY other control... that can do as much as well as the Milltronics. Make is simple, make it hard, No Problem. The control does so much more then the vast majority of people realize.

They just don't spend 30K a month buying multiple pages of MMS magazine. They put the money into the machine, not into advertising.( good thing / bad thing?) But damn, those "H" girls at the shows are pretty and they give away lots of trinkets.

Rant over. :-)

sportybob

Downloads
    Uploads

sportybob, yes it seems like they are getting better and better, I do like the fact that the new machines have more switches on the control panel so you don't have to go through a bunch of screens to get to what you want, also like they added a separate switch for the rapid override. like i said, I'm getting use to it. I don't like the door falling off one of the them yesterday, 20 min later and 2 guys.... back running. we have two VM 25 one a 2003 the other 2008, the older one the control is too high, the newer one is normal height so they must be listening to the customer, anyway thanks for the rant. and the girls at the show, yes very nice!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Positive, The whole premises of the Milltronics control and conversational programming to " keep it simple" use what you have in front of you. Not give you 300 buttons to memorize. It keeps you "on tract for what you are doing.
    You can always do conversational, or text ( if you KNOW M&G code or use cad/cam. ( or combinations) The vast majority of conversational program has been added by "customer request. from drill, routines ( dill, "grid" drill spaced , to inner pocket / outer frame ( round / rectangle. thread milling, text on arc's,, island pocket clear cycles and a hundred other cycles The "pages are designed to "keep "you"" on track to your selected job.

As far as the height of the control. I am 5'10" I don't have a problem with any of the controls.

That being said. the new machines do have an adjustable "sliding: control" panel (about 12"). ( evidently someone pointed out, (we are not equal in height) ( in a vertical position)
    Compare to your "old" girl friends, They were all about the same height " horizontally" ;-O ( OK I'M bad)

sportybob

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi sportybob, yeah it has some cool stuff, like I said its a 2003 model, I'm sure the new ones are even better, I'm getting use to the control, seems like out of the gate they were geared to be in someones garage, but getting better every upgrade, oh yeah I like the sliding control idea, I'm 5"8 and my neck hurts at the end of the day. hey are you one of the names I see on the front of the machine? I live in Minnesota and should go check out the milltronics plant. I do go back and forth with the conversational programming and G&M code, is there a way to edit the "post" from the conversational programming side? when I look at the G&M code it kicks out.... well it made me wonder if it was possible. and as far as the "old girlfriends" .... well you hit it right on the nuts!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Positive, Yes my names on the plate. look for Bob "M" My shop is in Waconia. about a mile from Milltronics.

sportybob

Downloads
    Uploads

Very cool!

Sportybob ,

need help with a wj200 in a partner 1 milltronics with the tool chage routine
    Tx
    VeryoldToolmaker

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi VOTM, PM me with your contact info.

sportybob