Centurion 6 Swinging Arcs!

Thread: Centurion 6 Swinging Arcs!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Centurion 6 Swinging Arcs!

Hey guys, has anyone else had any trouble with the Centurion 6 or 8200 series controllers randomly swing xy arcs in the wrong direction?! It makes it difficult to run the high speed toolpaths in Mastercam when the controller suddenly decides it wants to swing an arc in the wrong direction and goes directly through the part. We've played with the post a little bit, but we haven't been able to come up with a good solution aside from turning off the arcs. Open to any suggestions thanks!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Centurion 6 Swinging Arcs!

Hi Willy, I assume that you are getting a "hoop de do" cutting along fine and then the tool decides to make a gouge in the part and continue on.

This has to do with cutter compensation and two lines that over lap. Go into Mastercam and ZOOM in at that part of the program you will find two lines that are over lapping.

What is happening is, the cutter comes to a point and the next point is "behind" the current point, as machines don't have a reverse, and "we" need to go backward to get there and the cutter has a diameter, to get back to that point, it does a "bat turn"
    The program will verify in Master cam OK, but Mastercam does not run the "code" it just looks at your drawing. The control runs the code

One can always run a new program on the control in graphics verify and watch for this type of action.

Let us know.

sportybob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have been verifying on the controller a lot and it has saved us a few times! I also discovered that it is recommended to turn off Trig Help if you're running a CAD/CAM software! Found this in a post, and in the VM30 manual!t We re-ran some of the toolpaths we had trouble with and problem solved so far!

I will also check some of my Mastercam files, but the "analyze chain" function usually does a good job of finding my mistakes lol.

Thanks!

Will

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Willy, As suggested check the MC file for overlaps.
    also, check that 1.you do not have cutter comp and trig help turned on both the control and the post processor. (pick one). 2 cutter comps or 2 trig helps is like having both the wife and the girl friend show up at the same party. It is bound to get interesting, one way or the other. :-0

The control has a MISC parameter called "special flags" where the control tool comp or trig help , or both can be turned off.

sportybob