Multiple work offsets(vises)

Thread: Multiple work offsets(vises)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Multiple work offsets(vises)

I've got a 2006 RH19 Cent7 without a tool changer. I'm looking to plant as many vises as I can fit on the table and machine some parts that will use multiple tools. It would be handy to use g540, g541, g542, etc for the work offsets. This is not the same as clamping an oversize part in the vise and machining multiple parts with a standard repeating offset. The vises may be different heights and not in a line. I want to run the first tool on each vise(offset) then change the tool and run all the vises. I don't want to run all the tools for each vise then change the offset and run all the tools for the next vise. Too much time changing tools. I know I can do this using Fusion 360, but for simple parts, it's not necessary. I'd like to use the conversational Milltronics programming to pull this off.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    James

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Multiple work offsets(vises)

With a Centurion 5 it's G54, G55, G56 and so on, but yes, you just set up a new XYZ position for each one and write your program accordingly. I don't use conversational, so how you swap from one coordinate to the other I can't tell you, should be in the manuals.

Downloads
    Uploads

Have any luck sorting this out? Not sure how complicated your part is but could you write a program for each tool, then write another program that calls them up as it goes through each offset?

Downloads
    Uploads

James,

Look at this post that mholden had posted lessons and lesson 5 drill with a call will give you the various methods that you could do this with.

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/millt...lp-needed.html

Ron