Monitor and Air drawbar - last two small issues

Thread: Monitor and Air drawbar - last two small issues

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Monitor and Air drawbar - last two small issues

So I have 2 annoyances I'd like to take care of.

1) I'm not sure the formal name of the piece but the air tool mounted on the machine head that's used during tool changes leaks only when a tool is installed. Its slow enough I'm not stopped by it but its the last air leak and I'd like to kill it.

2) the monitor has taken to flickering horribly. Horizontally with the image jumping up and down. I'm old enough to know that wacking the side of the box might fix it, but not old enough to want to mess with a CRT internals without assistance.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Monitor and Air drawbar - last two small issues

I take back the only when a too is loaded. Just quieter for a while unloaded

Downloads
    Uploads

I ran into this article on troubleshooting crts. Nothing crazy detailed but it gave me some hints.

http://jestineyong.com/picture-shaking-problem/

While I haven't found the bad connection itself I gave an short term solution that eliminated the problem 90%.

A non conductive wedge pushing up on one corner of the horizontal pcb behind the crt.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Yugami, On most Milltronics machines the drawbar has a "blow off" when the drawbar is enabled. This allows air to "blow out" and coolant and chips that might have gotten into the spindle taper. Is this what is happening??

On the CRT side of the house. call me for an LCD update or Mount an external LCD display on the front panel area. Fixing a CRT can be expensive and they don't stay fixed.

sportybob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sportybob, what type of LCD update do you offer? I have an older Partner VI the the LCD just went out on. Looks like the backlight is out, an ideas?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Gaswiz, It will depend on what LCD you have. some kind of PC monitor mounted to the front of the panel. A Milltronics LCD update.??
    I will assume you have a Milltronics LCD.

This is a 3 piece system., The display, the analog to digital board (A/D) and a back light inverter board. The 12VDC for the system is picked up from the J2 plug on the key board encoder card. It has a yellow and black wires going to the A/D board. On early LCD the A/D board also supplied the 12VDC to the back light inverter. on later systems the 12 VDC was picked up from the keyboard encoder card plug, (J2) had 2 pares of 12 VDC wires, one pair going to power the A/D board and one pair going to the back light inverter board.

Shine a flash light into the display at an angle and look for an image. it will be faint. if you have a display then check if there is 12VDC going to the inverter board. If you have an early LCD there is a relay on the A/D board that turns on and supplies the 12VDC.

If you do not have an image, connect an external monitor and see if you have a display, no display = no video out from the control.

I do have some Milltronics LCD parts available. I also have my industrial LCD kit available.

You can PM me or call 952-288-6340 for more info

sportybob