Spindle Speed - Machine thinks were at 2400 max

Thread: Spindle Speed - Machine thinks were at 2400 max

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Spindle Speed - Machine thinks were at 2400 max

Ok, one last one then I'll leave you alone for a little while I swear.

How can I find out what the max RPM of the machine should be (belt/motor configuration or something I'm guessing) and then how do I match it up to what the machine thinks its doing.

Looking at the programs left in memory they bump around the speeds between 3 and 8k (that one might be a fluke) like they thought they meant something, but the machine currently thinks its maxing out at 2400. The VFD readout is stating Frequency Ref U1-01 = 207.00 hz (the vfd is a big white box with a JVOP-130U interface)

That seems like a logical max, but that spindle is really booking at the high end and I find it hard to believe its only doing 2k.

I think the Ad said 7K spindle but its been 4 months since then so the memory is fuzzy.

I sent a info request to milltronics with the serial number etc.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Spindle Speed - Machine thinks were at 2400 max

Do you have your parameters backed up on a floppy? If not press F7 (Parameters) button then save (after putting a good floppy disk in drive) by pressing F6 .

Then hit F1 (setup) then F1 again and enter PROTO3 Then 3 when level prompt comes on screen.

Hit F5 (Misc) and check what is in spindle range parameter if in low your belts should be on the low range setting, Big pulley on spindle motor small pulley on spindle.

If you want high range you have to swap belt positions and change misc parameter for spindle range to High.

If you have to change a parameter in power settings you have to exit back to main screen and shut down control as it only reads those parameters on power up.

I believe you don't have to do that on the Misc parameters.

Ron

Downloads
    Uploads

Check what Ron said. I made this exact mistake. And exiting to main from Misc will read the new settings without a restart

Downloads
    Uploads

if in low your belts should be on the low range setting, Big pulley on spindle motor small pulley on spindle.

I think you have that backwards, if in low, small pulley on motor and big pulley on spindle.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rl49 View Post
    Do you have your parameters backed up on a floppy? If not press F7 (Parameters) button then save (after putting a good floppy disk in drive) by pressing F6 .

Then hit F1 (setup) then F1 again and enter PROTO3 Then 3 when level prompt comes on screen.

Hit F5 (Misc) and check what is in spindle range parameter if in low your belts should be on the low range setting, Big pulley on spindle motor small pulley on spindle.
    Awesome, speeds are matching the spindle setup so I'll just have to swap everything.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok nothing is as simple as it should be.

I noticed when swapping the belts that the ratio is a bit different on the high side. I had loosened the belts just enough to pry them over and move them on step with some effort. Once they were up on the High speed side, they where very loose.

Snugged everything up, swapped the param to speed 2 (max speed per the parameter 6400)

I hit M03S5000 to test it out and it was pushing into the 9000 RPM range according to the screen.

Going to 6000 has the machine trying to hit 10,000 and eventually some sort of fault happens and the spindle slows down to approximately 1400 (all numbers the actual output from the controller screen, not confirmed)

Downloads
    Uploads

Your right Brian, I had a few to many corona's when I replied, yugami do you have the parameter list in your manuals?

If you don't call Milltronics they may have a copy of the originals they can email you. and it will get you correct control values when it left factory.

Some one may have changed the parameters in VFD or may not be original VFD

Ron

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rl49 View Post
    Your right Brian, I had a few to many corona's when I replied, yugami do you have the parameter list in your manuals?

If you don't call Milltronics they may have a copy of the originals they can email you. and it will get you correct control values when it left factory.

Some one may have changed the parameters in VFD or may not be original VFD
    Unfortunately what I got is called the "Startup Manual" and is pretty low level. Shows some electrical and mechanical setup but nothing too detailed (just what the parts are called) Even the checksheet on the inside which should have shown some of the finer details isn't filled out.

I'll call this afternoon or tomorrow morning. I have to run out for a while.

For the time being I found if I set the max RPM to 11100 the feedback matches the programmed value pretty close.

Downloads
    Uploads

I had troubles early on with my machine and getting actual speed to jive with commanded. There are pots to adjust voltages and such... this is a long thread, but you might pick up the info you need. My machine only has one belt position, so somewhat simpler I think.

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/millt...anded-rpm.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Brian. I had read that a little, but going back over it I have an idea. My pc box vibrated open and over of the cards was loose. My pots may have been bumped.

I'll open everything up in the morning and start troubleshooting.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks again Brian, that did it.

Did the 1-100 speed trick, noted down voltages at several steps and fiddled with the pots to get a nice smooth line through 10v
    Then reported spindle RPM at 100 and set that as my Speed Param. Everything is pretty tight to the programmed speeds now.

Downloads
    Uploads

Great, glad to hear that got you on track. A lot of wisdom in this group, I know I've sure tapped it often enough.