Partner 1D - Broken belts

Thread: Partner 1D - Broken belts

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Partner 1D - Broken belts

The Y axis belt on my machine is broken. The X axis belt dosnt look much better. Also the X axis pulleys look a little worn/rusted.

I would like to replace the pulleys and belts.

Anyone recommend a specific brand/type? Maybe aluminum pulleys? Are these even available?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Partner 1D - Broken belts-20180418_181102-jpg   Partner 1D - Broken belts-20180418_184307-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Partner 1D - Broken belts

I would say contact sportybob. He has a lot of parts for these old machines. He likely has the parts you need or can point you to the store that does. And he is a rather nice fellow as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I measured the both the Y and X axis belts on my machine. I have big doubts that they are original. Since they are both different, but the same dimensions. I'm ordering two of what I found to be the right belt on McMaster.

18.7" long when laid flat (One was broken, the other I cut to compare)
    .750" wide
    .375 Pitch
    Trapezoidal Teeth

McMaster Carr Part #: 6484K246
    $15.64 Each

Looking to see if they have pulleys as well that are to the right dimensions as well.

Downloads
    Uploads

This seems to be the correct pulley for the Lead screw.

I have not removed the pulley from the machine to confirm all dimensions. But from the measurements taken with it still installed, this fits the bill. So before you purchase this, confirm it is correct on your own.

Measurements I took and confirmed to be the same:

For Maximum Belt Width - .750"
    Teeth - 24 / Trapezoidal
    Pitch - .375"
    Pitch Diameter - 2.865"

McMaster Carr Part #: 6495K314
    $41.79 Each

The lower pulley (Servo Motor) has only 12 Teeth. With a Pitch Diameter of 1.400". All other Dim's being the same. I did not see anything fitting this offered by McMaster on the Website.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have seen an auction on ebay for what the seller calls a Milltronics axis renew kit - it has a couple bearings, the pulleys, and the belt. It seemed a little pricey to me though.

Downloads
    Uploads

I seen that as well, I'm pretty sure it was $300 per axis. The seller is most likely pulling the parts from McMaster or similar and marking them up.

Using what I listed below, the only thing else needed to be found is the correct bearings and lower pulley. Even if the bearings are expensive, it should still only cost around $150 per axis.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like you are on the right track - McMaster has lots of this kind of thing - I was surprised you didn't find the motor pulley - why are you wanting to replace the pulleys?

Downloads
    Uploads

The Y axis pulleys look fine. But the X axis pulleys look a little rusted or have a lot of gunk built up. I'm planning to remove them and see if they clean up first. I have media blaster with rough baking soda in it. Might do the job.

Downloads
    Uploads

AXIS renew kit, 2 pulleys, 2 bushings, oil seal, (where does that go???) 2 SKF bearings, bearing shim, Jason belt, free shipping + box and packing material, 15% to ebay
    All high quality parts with tech support.

tell me how much I am making. direct saves the 15% ebay fee.

sportybob
    AKA EMTSLLC

Downloads
    Uploads

Didn't know that was you... I'm not trying to hurt anyones sales. Just sharing information I found if someone was in the same situation as myself.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, No offence taken. It is more a "shot" at ebay. You can sell a $50K machine and it is $250. you sell a $5K part and they want 15% ( $750) I have the store for a "presence" $25 a month and have never sold one of the kits. sold 1 of the lathe pulley kits.
    I have all sorts of parts and service I provide. My basic parts mark up is 15%. usually a kit of some kind, ( part, screws, nuts bolts etc. all parts and pieces needed) selling to the "small guy" I don't do the 5X parts mark up like the factory. ( My over head is a lot less then the factory / dealer so I can deal in less markup) But we all need a mark up. (it makes the wife less irritable ) with about $30K of stock on hand I try to have what people need. From belts, bearings, LED work lights, LCD displays, SBC control updates, spindle rebuilds, The list goes on. ( how's that for a "self plug" :-0 ) :-)

Oh, and some of the best tech support any where.

sportybob

Downloads
    Uploads

I will testify to the great tech support. I finally called a week ago with a list of questions and parts pricing. Bob was a great guy to chat with and certainly knows these machines.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Bob has helped a lot of Milltronic owners here, me included. He has never sent me a bill for his advice, so it must be free!!
    Very knowledgeable... .willing to help.... free advice....easy to deal with..... fair and reasonable pricing on his parts. That's a tough combination to beat.

Thanks Bob, for all your help.
    Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Bob helped me before I even purchased my mill. He was super helpful and will be getting my business.

Thanks again Bob. The mill arrives tomorrow. I will look at the X axis pulleys and belt, then let you know what I need.

Warren.

Downloads
    Uploads

As a comment to people trying to outsource parts for milltronics parts Sporty bob is the reason I have 2 milltronics machines now. when I have had resistance from the factory to support a 25 year old machine Sporty bob has been able to solve every issue I have ever had. You may save on parts but WHO will support your issues when you have a problem?

If you are a new Milltronics owner you will not go wrong. We as Milltronics vintage owners need to support the techs that can help us out with these vintage machines.

I would be lost without this resource 952-288-6340 I suggest you contact him.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks guys for all your kind words. :-)
    I do try. I now have customers in 42 states and 8 country's
    a lot with the help from all the folks in / at CNC Zone.

Thank you all

sportybob

Downloads
    Uploads

Sportybob, I have not disappeared. I have been building up a list of things that have to get done to the 5 Milltronic machines that I now own. Most are minor but still need attention like balky cycle start buttons and bad alpha keypads. Other more serious stuff too. Will email direct. Aloha