Add Automatic Tool Changer on Partner 1?

Thread: Add Automatic Tool Changer on Partner 1?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Add Automatic Tool Changer on Partner 1?

I am trying to find information on adding an ATC to my partner 1. I am semi-new to CNC and extremely new to Milltronics machines in general. For the untrained eye, they look very similar. Is there a way to adapt an ATC from one series of Milltronic machines to another? Does any sell/manufacture ATC for Partner 1 machines as an add on?

Any info on getting this done would be a huge step for me. Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Add Automatic Tool Changer on Partner 1?

There a few videos on youtube of home built tool changers - here is one -

Downloads
    Uploads

Sen2, Hope the machine has not yet shipped or they followed my advice on shipping the machines, from removing the control from the electrical panel and the correct way to block up the head, ( NOT on the spindle nose)

The machine is a P1D with a C5 control, (NOT a C6) As it is a C5 control the control serial # becomes important for future repairs and or updates. look at the bottom of the control for the serial # if it is xxx-B you are good to go. if it has no '- # or it is a "-A" than there are issues with repairs and updates.

sportybob

I happen to have a tool changer off a partner 1 sitting on the shelf. 2 of my partner ones had changer and the parts I run on them use one tool and are pretty big, so I yanked the changer. I did take measurements and notes on how and where the wires and bolts go. 1500$ plus shipping. It was working when removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sen2two View Post
    I am trying to find information on adding an ATC to my partner 1. I am semi-new to CNC and extremely new to Milltronics machines in general. For the untrained eye, they look very similar. Is there a way to adapt an ATC from one series of Milltronic machines to another? Does any sell/manufacture ATC for Partner 1 machines as an add on?

Any info on getting this done would be a huge step for me. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is the one I was originally thinking of - just could not remember where I saw it - it is right here in the Auto Tool Changer part of this forum - Ilike this one - it swings out of the way with a couple air cylinders.

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/auto-...-cost-atc.html