Using HAAS G71 bolt arc using first hole as reference, not center of bolt circle.

Thread: Using HAAS G71 bolt arc using first hole as reference, not center of bolt circle.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Using HAAS G71 bolt arc using first hole as reference, not center of bolt circle.

HI,

I need to make 5x equally spaced holes along a 8.21" R spaced at 7.78°. Stock is 6.63 "x 3.5" (Haas vertical Mill)
    The first hole is located at X1.1 Y-0.73. (Part zero is upper lefter corner of part). The problem is, with G71 the reference point for the arc is the center of the bolt circle, which would in outer space relative to the part.
    Is there a way I can manually program using the first hole as the reference? So I start off at x1.10 Y -0.73 and the I8.21 J7.78?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Using HAAS G71 bolt arc using first hole as reference, not center of bolt circle.-img_5102-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Using HAAS G71 bolt arc using first hole as reference, not center of bolt circle.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lou_ View Post
    The problem is, with G71 the reference point for the arc is the center of the bolt circle, which would in outer space relative to the part.
    ...the XY ref center point of the bolt circle is just that...a Reference point....lol. Define the 1st drilled hole using G71 J and K in degrees (+or- I think) should work for ya.
    https://www.haascnc.com/service/code...value=G72.html
    DJ

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Using HAAS G71 bolt arc using first hole as reference, not center of bolt circle.

I would just redraw the part in CAD and reference the holes to a location on the part. Looks like all the dimensions are on the drawing so should be pretty easy.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

The problem is, with G71 the reference point for the arc is the center of the bolt circle, which would in outer space relative to the part.
    hy it does not matter if the reference is on outer space ... really doesn't; let's say that this center is XcYc, relative to the uper left (XoYo)

Is there a way I can manually program using the first hole as the reference?
    set XoYo
    cut 1st hole at X1.1 Y-0.73

shift reference to XcYc

rotate program with 7.78 degrees
    cut again at X1.1+Xo-Xc Y-0.73+Yo-Yc

rotate program with 7.78*2 degrees
    cut again at X1.1+Xo-Xc Y-0.73+Yo-Yc

and so on

for this to work, is needed a code to rotate the entire program; i can't help with haas codes, but maybe there is something

normally, for whatever part, you set the wcs and go ... for this one, you need also a shift and a rotation / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...