Weird pattern on Z axis

Thread: Weird pattern on Z axis

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Weird pattern on Z axis

Hello to all the forum, this is my 1st post in here.

I have a problem as the title states the weird surface pattern. It is every 4-5mm as the pitch in ballscrew. Please check attachment.

First pass was with 1mm stepdown and 0.7mm offset. Second pass was with constant Z strategy with 0.1mm stepdown. Same pattern appears in radial strategy with 0.06mm stepover. Off course second pass was a ballnose endmill.

I played we tolerance in solidcam but made no difference.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weird pattern on Z axis-img_20200914_084724-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Weird pattern on Z axis

It's suggestive that the ripples in your part surface match the pitch of your ball screw. Have you checked it for mechanical issues, like a loose nut?

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    It's suggestive that the ripples in your part surface match the pitch of your ball screw. Have you checked it for mechanical issues, like a loose nut?
    Thank you for your reply. I have disassembled cleaned lubed the z axis 4 times. Some behavior. I also installed the polyurethane couplers ( old was spring type aluminum) nothing changed.
    Only thing i can think of is the ball screw is bented somehow. I don't have a way to know.