I am looking for someone to Beta test a 4th axis fixture

Thread: I am looking for someone to Beta test a 4th axis fixture

Downloads
    Uploads

Default I am looking for someone to Beta test a 4th axis fixture

I've been using this for a while and thing its time to share. I'm looking for someone with a 4th axis who regularly makes parts in the 4" x4" x 4" size range and would like to get to a bunch more sides. I'll pay for shipping you just have to give me feed back. Let me know if your interested.
    contact me at dsmachine@cox.net
    thanks,

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I am looking for someone to Beta test a 4th axis fixture-v62-jpg   I am looking for someone to Beta test a 4th axis fixture-v61-jpg   I am looking for someone to Beta test a 4th axis fixture-2x2x4-side-jpg   I am looking for someone to Beta test a 4th axis fixture-4x-adapter-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I am looking for someone to Beta test a 4th axis fixture

hy, it looks nice ... i believe that it is only for positioning, and it may be used also inside a lathe

did you crafted it ? kindly

ps : please, do you have a web link for that fixture sistem ?

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah its for 5 axis indexing. You use the full 4 axis to get to any coordinate system you need to and the input an option stop to manually rotate the spindle to one of 8 locations. I get most of my complex parts done in two ops now. I focused on this size of part because most of the parts I do are 4" cubed or less. Here is a video of it

Downloads
    Uploads

is nice, at least for vmc+4th axis, and for some milling operations on lathes ( on an y-lathe it would be required to clamp it a bit offset, so to have the part intersecting the spindle center line, in order to use the full y travel )

it's rigidity can be boosted by using a tailstock

nice product, good luck

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

I'd be interested. I've been working on some parts that need to be cut from various angles, and this might be helpful. But I mostly cut wood, not metals at that scale - is that okay?

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Andrew, I don't think wood will work with a dovetail. Dovetail gripping works great with metal but I bet wood will simply break loose.

Chip

Downloads
    Uploads

it could be possible to clamp not only dovetails; in other words, there should be a way to clamp wood

this involves changing a bit here or there, but if really needed, then why not ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Often, when I need to hold onto a wood part for machining, I screw something to it that's possible to grip in a chuck or fixture. It looks like this clamp works like an Aloris toolpost, so it gets a quick-release grip on a dovetail-shaped piece of metal. Why couldn't I screw something like that onto my wood part? A lot more people are doing 4+ axis carving in wood and other soft materials than are doing it in metal, especially on that scale; figuring out something that helps us with that would increase the market for your product considerably.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, That would work well actually. But a guy with a large shop had the perfect jobs for it and actually will need several so it is on the way now. I will post some of the things he makes with it. He says he has 5 or 6 parts that he runs constantly that this is perfect. The ease of 4 axis programing but getting 5 axis indexing should save him a lot of operations.
    thanks,
    Chip