5 Axis Milling Machine/Router

Thread: 5 Axis Milling Machine/Router

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 5 Axis Milling Machine/Router

Hi,
    I recently purchased a Scotle ChinaCNZone 5 axis machine. I couldn't be happier with the service and the machine has arrived and seems to be of good quality . It is a 6040 machine and can do 2, 3, 4 and 5 axis work.
    Although having used a 3 axis machine, when they first came out, it has been a long time and the programs have changed dramatically.
    I use SolidWorks as my 3D drawing package and the machine is set up to run Mach3.
    Is there anyone out there running a similar set up? If so, is there any affordable good software, that will fit between these two programs to give machine tool paths and convert them into "G" code?
    Cheers.
    Bill.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 5 Axis Milling Machine/Router

For my idea,

You can use many CAM software to programming a part for this machine, first of all, you have to know, what the control it is, for example Fanuc or Mazac or something else, Second you have to ask the machine maker to submit you a post process file for you purchased machine, and save it into your CAM software for generate G code for your machine. Mach3 is also one kind of Cam software I think, I have a Japanese version programming manual for this machine, but I never been used it before, I think you can call manufacturer to get one English manual copy for yourself, You can you Mastercam or Camworks or other cam soft to conduct the programming your parts and send the G code to your machine and run it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 5 Axis Milling Machine/Router

I'm surprised a new machine came with Mach3 as its a fairly old piece of software and there are other systems that can do the job and which have a more assured future.Be that as it may,it is a package with a large user base.A lot of people recommend Fusion 360 as a CAM package,but I admit to knowing nothing about it.The recommendation to look at Mastercam is worth considering as they have been dealing with 5 axis machines for years and would almost certainly have a post processor in the package that would work.If you can find any package with a 5 axis post processor it will save the considerable expense of having a custom post processor developed for your machine.You will still have to provide details of such things as the distance from the tool tip to the 5th axis pivot and may have to include details of any angular limitations on the 4th and 5th axes.If the machine is one of the very small ones that uses a rotary table on a tilting base,its less complicated but the machine will be restricted in what it can do.A commercial package is likely to cost about as much as Solid Works,so be prepared for the expense.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBill View Post
    Hi,
    I recently purchased a Scotle ChinaCNZone 5 axis machine.
    Hi! : )

Forgive me, I am looking at making a purchase from the same company myself, so was hoping you would be able to make a recommendation.

Might I ask if you bought their aluminum frame machine or their steel frame one?

Does your machine have any issues milling Aluminium?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I have not used my machine yet as I want to work out the best software to run it on.
    It is the aluminium frmaed 6040 machine. I think the steel framed machine only comes in a smaller format.
    I have been very impressed by the manufacture of the machine. It seems to be very rigid. So far I have only operated it through the hand held device and it behaved itself perfectly.
    I have also been very impressed with the service. I have been dealing with a girl named Mirror and she has been very responsive to questions and requests that I have put forward.
    Hope this is of some benefit to you.
    Keep in touch. would like to know how you go.
    Cheers.
    Bill.

Downloads
    Uploads

Report a bug

Step 1

Paste Text Content
    Step 2

Paraphrasing
    Step 3

Done (Unique article)

You can use many CAM software to programming a part for this machine, first of all, you have to know, what the manage it is, for instance Fanuc or Mazac or some thing else, Second you have to ask the device maker to submit you a put up process record for you purchased gadget, and store it into your CAM software for generate G code for your gadget. Mach3 is also one form of Cam software program I think, I actually have a Japanese version programming guide for this machine, however I in no way been used it before, I think you can call producer to get one English manual copy for yourself, You can you Mastercam or Camworks or other cam soft to conduct the programming your parts and send the G code to your device and run it. Few momnth ago i bought Milling machine from PMK Metals and that work properally.I am satisfied with that. If you want some quotes regarding your issues you can visit at pmkmetals.com