URGENT HELP NEEDED! HEIDENHAIN 24V DC EXT RELAY MISSING

Thread: URGENT HELP NEEDED! HEIDENHAIN 24V DC EXT RELAY MISSING

Downloads
    Uploads

Default URGENT HELP NEEDED! HEIDENHAIN 24V DC EXT RELAY MISSING

Hi there,

I recently started working for a company manufacturing components for the electrical industry, they have two CNC machine centres (both of which I have never heard of the brand). One of them is dead, and has been for a while, I've been working alongside an electronic engineer to try and get the old girl back up and running.

Its a Quantum S1500D with Anilam controls. (Heidenhain)

I've had multiple technicians out to check it over but no prevail - hence the electronic engineer...

The problem we're having is that we're receiving the fault code: "24V DC EXT. VOLTAGE MISSING"

All emergency stops and limit switches have been checked and are working, using the very limited wiring diagrams that we have we can see that the machine goes through a few steps before allowing you to power up the servo.

We have had the computer control checked/replaced, servo unit checked/replaced.

What else could this be? We're in too deep and it seems a shame to call it quits and deem the machine dead forever.

Any help is appreciated!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED! HEIDENHAIN 24V DC EXT RELAY MISSING

Seems to me (from what you have written) that you have been checking everything EXCEPT the external 24 VDC power supply.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RCaffin View Post
    Seems to me (from what you have written) that you have been checking everything EXCEPT the external 24 VDC power supply.

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi Roger,

Sorry I should have mentioned that we had done simple power supply checks - tracing the route of the 24V power and it seems to continue correctly up to where we can possibly trace it to.

The electronic engineer removed the servo unit to take it for testing at his factory and managed to get it to boot up fine with a simple rig that he set up. The servo unit has a series of LEDs and turns green and allows you to power up the servo once it has received a signal from the control that the "control is ready". This control going through a series of checks before it proceeds in allowing the servos to be powered up. The first step in this series is the emergency stop circuit - this includes limit switches and the emergency stop buttons - all which we have checked and are fine. We managed to purchase a second control from the US and after trying this we still receive the same error so it has to be a wiring/bad relay issue or something somewhere...

The main problem being is that you can get the same error code for the emg stop circuit being open and get the same error code for voltage issues. Our next point of call is checking the encoders on the servos themselves...

We're really out of ideas now

Downloads
    Uploads

I do not know the Heidenhain systems at all, but I do wonder: what is the point of checking the servo systems when the error message points to either the power supplies or the eStop circuit? But I do not know your system.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

I've just seen something about 'low lube level' causing this error too.
    I assume you have manuals. I don't know if these are any good to you or remotely the same thing?
    https://www.heidenhain.com/en_US/software/