stuck on z axis limit

Thread: stuck on z axis limit

Downloads
    Uploads

Default stuck on z axis limit

I wanted to test my Z physical limits so without homing, i moved on both ends of my Z axis slowly until it stopped. All was good, but i left the machine on the upper Z limit for about 20 minutes and when i came back, any command on the Z axis would enter the machine in E-STOP and show the error:"Cannot unhome while moving, joint 2."

I'm using LinuxCNC software.

I tried changing the movement speed, home-all command and i get the same result. If i move down on the Z axis very slow, the controller shows the Z lowering, but in reality it doesn't move and after about 2-3mm of virtual movement, it errors again.
    All the other axes are working.
    I guess i hit the limit switch, but this should not be a problem, right? Could hiting the limit switch cause problems?

Any advice? Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks!