When switching tools on a Haas is it necessary to change all of the tool settings ?

Thread: When switching tools on a Haas is it necessary to change all of the tool settings ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default When switching tools on a Haas is it necessary to change all of the tool settings ?

I have a haas super mini mill, and when I change tools I go into the machines control panel and change all of the new settings ( tool length, diameter, flute qnty, and tool type )

Other than the tool length, are the rest of the settings just for reference?

In other words can I just get away with changing the tool length field?

I'm using Fusion 360 to create all of my code, so all of my tool info is being managed on that end of things.

Thanks,

Kent

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: When switching tools on a Haas is it necessary to change all of the tool settings

Quote Originally Posted by kentdesautel13 View Post
    I have a haas super mini mill, and when I change tools I go into the machines control panel and change all of the new settings ( tool length, diameter, flute qnty, and tool type )

Other than the tool length, are the rest of the settings just for reference?

In other words can I just get away with changing the tool length field?

I'm using Fusion 360 to create all of my code, so all of my tool info is being managed on that end of things.

Thanks,

Kent
    Yes you only need to be changing the Tool length offset

Now if you have a tool that you are using with tool comp then that tool will need it's diameter entered

Mactec54