How can I improve this milling

Thread: How can I improve this milling

Exclamation How can I improve this milling

Hello,
    I'm new to milling and cnc in general and I'm trying to improve this part if you look at the picture you'll see that my tool is leaving a mark on the metal, whats interesting about it is that its only on that side of the pocket, on the following pockets that have another side to them they are perfect no marks on them. If anyone has any insight as to what is going on and why its leaving a mark on the part that would be a big help thanks. I'm using a High-Speed Steel Square End Mill for Aluminum, Brass, and Bronze,TiCN Coated, 3 Flute, 3/8" Mill Diameter, 3/4" Length of Cut runing at 3000 RPM and about 24 Feed rate.
    thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by stephen-churchman View Post
    Hello,
    I'm new to milling and cnc in general and I'm trying to improve this part if you look at the picture you'll see that my tool is leaving a mark on the metal, whats interesting about it is that its only on that side of the pocket, on the following pockets that have another side to them they are perfect no marks on them. If anyone has any insight as to what is going on and why its leaving a mark on the part that would be a big help thanks. I'm using a High-Speed Steel Square End Mill for Aluminum, Brass, and Bronze,TiCN Coated, 3 Flute, 3/8" Mill Diameter, 3/4" Length of Cut runing at 3000 RPM and about 24 Feed rate.
    thanks in advance
    I don't see a picture attached.

BBunch
    Machinist @ Knise and Krick inc.

Downloads
    Uploads

It looks like some marks of mishandling with tooling. You can remove them through Angular milling which is a type of milling that mills flat surfaces which are neither parallel or perpendicular to the axis of milling cutter. So, try this and share you experience.