Updating CNC from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Thread: Updating CNC from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Updating CNC from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Hello,

New to the forum here. Currently experiencing issues with updating my MachMation X15-110 from Windows 7 OS to Windows 10. Up to date on all windows 7 service packs, but when I go to install windows 10 it says “The language or edition of the version of Windows currently installed on your computer isn’t compatible by this tool”. Anybody have any experience or work-arounds with this?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Updating CNC from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Hi,
    what external motion controller are you going to use?.

Windows 10 is a 64 bit OS and therefore precludes the use of a parallel port, you must use an external controller like an Ethernet SmoothStepper
    or a UC300.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    what external motion controller are you going to use?.

Windows 10 is a 64 bit OS and therefore precludes the use of a parallel port, you must use an external controller like an Ethernet SmoothStepper
    or a UC300.

Craig
    Windows 10 can be installed as 32Bit or 64Bit

He is using MachMotion control, he does not need any external controller

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by greygies View Post
    Hello,

New to the forum here. Currently experiencing issues with updating my MachMation X15-110 from Windows 7 OS to Windows 10. Up to date on all windows 7 service packs, but when I go to install windows 10 it says “The language or edition of the version of Windows currently installed on your computer isn’t compatible by this tool”. Anybody have any experience or work-arounds with this?
    You would be best to contact MachMotion as they have a different software requirement

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    While Windows 10 can be installed as a 32 bit OS Machs parallel port refuses to work with it.

If you want to use a parallel port then 32 bit Windows 7 or 32 bit XP is required.

The original MachMotion kits were based on a parallel port. Whether later kits had external controllers or not I don't know.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    While Windows 10 can be installed as a 32 bit OS Machs parallel port refuses to work with it.

If you want to use a parallel port then 32 bit Windows 7 or 32 bit XP is required.

The original MachMotion kits were based on a parallel port. Whether later kits had external controllers or not I don't know.

Craig
    They have always had there own control

MachMotion uses Ethernet and EtherCat

Who would be using a parallel today, it is not required to run Mach3 they have long been gone

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by greygies View Post
    Hello,

Why not use NC based controller, it is more simple more professional and no any virus.

http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cncmakers001 View Post
    Why not use NC based controller, it is more simple more professional and no any virus.
    MachMotion is a cnc controller there are many that use windows base or Linux as an operating system, which is perfectly fine to use, there is no chance of a virus unless you the user infect it

A NC based controller is not immune from being corrupted

Mactec54