Help with an Industrial Brand CNC machine

Thread: Help with an Industrial Brand CNC machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Help with an Industrial Brand CNC machine

I have an Industrial CNC Pro Apprentice 4 x 4 machine and am in need of a wire schematic for the BOB or advice on how to install a new BOB when I have no idea how the current BOB is wired. The wires to my current BOB are either red or black and nothing is labeled. I can't find any info online and I can't even find a BOB that matches what is in my machine. I have no paperwork or manuals on this machine and support from the company is nonexistent. I am not very savvy on this part of the CNC, I can tell you that my BOB uses a 25pin parallel cable and I am running Mach3. I can post a picture of my BOB if that will help. Any advice or direction as to who to contact would be appreciated. I want to wire in a triple edge finder made by Bill Griggs and a secondary Z touch off plate but not knowing what pins to connect to is making things difficult for an amateur.
    Thanks Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with an Industrial Brand CNC machine

Pictures of the inside of the control box showing the BOB (in detail ), stepper drivers and power supplies will help

Details of the new BOB you wish to use will also be needed

a BOB connected to a PC parallel printerport has a maximum of 12 outputs and 5 inputs

in mach 3 's pins and ports you can look at which inputs and outputs are being used to see if you have enough spare inputs

to add the touch plate and edge finder

John

PS

find this page in mach 3 to look at how pins 10 to 13 and pin 15 are being used

Help with an Industrial Brand CNC machine-mach-3-inputs-jpg

you will need to scroll down to find E-stop and limit switches

Last edited by john-100; 08-04-2019 at 05:45 AM. Reason: add PS