Z AXIS MOVES RANDOMLY (UPDATE)

Thread: Z AXIS MOVES RANDOMLY (UPDATE)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Z AXIS MOVES RANDOMLY (UPDATE)

Hi guys, hope you can help me, i got a cnc router form china, is the common heavy duty 1325, the machine was working fine in the past, is a machine the only use sometime and his main funtion is to surface cleaning wood slabs for dinning tables and coffe tables, but in this week is making an issue, it randomly plunge the z axis down, it star moving the z axis down little by little, ruining jobs and the slabs, the issue also happen when the job is finish and the machine goes to zero and the spindle stop, when the spindle is stopping th z axis moves, ill atthaced the link of the video of the issue and the photo of the machine.

Also ill atthached the g code of the surface clenaing job.

I change the pc hopping that resolve the problem but it doesnt, the issue is still there, im not expert and i cant see if the problkem is mechanical, config or something elsehope somebody help me with this issue and thanks for your time guys.

link video:

https://youtube.com/shorts/KL-B00Bh3lI?feature=share

UPDATE:

for some reason im cant modify my previous post, but this is an update of my original post, i make some cutting test in my cnc in order to ule opuyt if the issue persist even in cutting works, i cut 3 sheets of plywoods, ill atthaced the dxf file and the g code, was like 20 min for each one of the sheets of plywood and my machine work perfectly, no issues and all good, im still dont know if only with pocket toolpath file the issue can occur, ill make a teso of a new pocket toolpath tomorrow and ill let you know, but in this post ill attahced the vcarve file and thew gc ode of the pocket toolpasth work that i use when my machine make the issue of z axis plunge randomwly, in the new pocket tollpath file ill makqe for making the test ill use the mach2/3 atcv (mm) .txt post processort and see if the issue occur or not, im using mach2/3 arc (mm) .txt in dont know if i use atc will be a problem is the workm only use 1 tool, hgope anyuone can help me with this.

For the peolpe that repsond in my previous post i say thank you for taking the time.

Note:
    I use aspire for de desing and mach3 for control de cnc

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Z AXIS MOVES RANDOMLY (UPDATE)

I think you have a really bad bit of wiring on the Z axis. Stray pulses and even changes of direction are happening. The root cause may be a lack of adequate grounding all around, or maybe just a loose ground wire.

Grounding (or rather inadequate amounts of it) can be the cause of so many ills with a CNC.

Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for your repply, ill order some metal sleeves fopr my cables, all of them and even my workshops is fgorunded ill be grounding the frame of the machine and the electronics of the machine, did you think this will help to ground allt he cnc and the EMI?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gporthos View Post
    thanks for your repply, ill order some metal sleeves fopr my cables, all of them and even my workshops is fgorunded ill be grounding the frame of the machine and the electronics of the machine, did you think this will help to ground allt he cnc and the EMI?
    Doing this may not help at all, wiring / Grounding has to be correctly done, or this can create worse problems, adding Ferrite Cores, may not help, but won't hurt anything, incorrect Grounding can be more problematic.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

It was working fine in the past
    I think I would start by looking for loose and broken connections.Maybe something happened during transport?

Cheers
    Roger