CNC Wood Router mentor available in Houston, TX - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CNC Wood Router mentor available in Houston, TX

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Wood Router mentor available in Houston, TX

My natural inclination is to suggest that you go the way I did with a LAN smooth stepper and a C32 BOB. You can get a ribbon cable to plug the smooth stepper into your current BOB. Since my BOB is FUBARed I decided to go with both. Arturo at cnc4pc recommended the LAN card as it is a lot less subject to noise interference and the cable can be up to 100 meters in length. A USB cable is limited to about 3 meters.

I see from your signature block that you will be doing acrylic. Get some single flute cutters. They work better on plastics.

Bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm in League City. Just built a Platfrom CNC myself. Well technically still building. Have it mostly done. Geckodrive G540 lost a driver. So just shipped it out today. Anyway, I'm looking to find someone who could help me cut the bed for this system. I have the AutoCad files, just need to find someone commercially or personnely who can help with it. Also teach me some of the ropes when my machine is finished.

Shawn
    League City, Texas
    maddawg2012 _at_ the infamus google mail dut com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Quad frames

maddawg,

I'd be happy to mentor you. I work in Kemah so am in the area daily. Mail me at rbraeking@gmail.com and let's coordinate.

Bob

Default Re: Quad frames

Hello fellow CNC friends! I am so new to this CNC business and it seems to be a little hard to figure which one to buy. I live in Cypress, Tx and I want to buy a machine to make a wood doll that I have designed. I also wouldn't mind making some decorative moldings at some point, like scrolls. I have no idea what machine to buy and I am looking for an affordable machine. I don't need nor can I afford a $32,000 machine. So I am looking for a mentor to help on this journey. Any help at all would be deeply appreciated. I thought about building one but then I looked at the plans and I have been so busy designing and trying to figure out what exactly I need the plans made my brain hurt! I COULD build one but I don't want too. Too much else to worry about right now. So I need a machine that is ready to go and hopefully someone to teach me how to use it. I did get quotes on having someone else make them for me but by the time it's all said and done I could buy my own machine and make it pay for itself pretty quickly. The doll is primitive and comes completely apart with articulating arms. CNC Wood Router mentor available in Houston, TX-doll1-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Quad frame

You are in luck. I am importing machine #1 from china and will put it through it's paces when it arrives middle of April. Specs: 49 x 97, 1200 ipm rapid, 500 ipm cut, 3KW water cooled spindle, vacuum table, 5.5kw vacuum pump, 240v single phase. Anticipate price point around 20K. Call me and we will try to work something out. Located in Santa Fe, TX so free delivery to Cypress. Check out my website and call me. SS CNC Router - Home

Bob

Hi folks - I'm brand new to this forum, but I like the topic that is being discussed. Can anyone help direct me to someone who is willing to hire out as a CNC wood router service? I run a guitar pedalboard business and I'm now interested in sourcing out the CNC routing. I need to find someone who is willing to CNC all the parts needed to build my pedalboards. They're very basic shapes and I'd like to use birch plywood. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm sure there is someone closer but if you can hoof it to Santa Fe, I am set up to do the job.
    Bob
    Sand Dollar Woodworks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

schumley,

Did you get your parts cut? If not contact CNC Warehouse LLC. They are in Houston. May be able to help you out.

Regards,

Downloads
    Uploads

did anyone end up starting anything or getting together

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Folks,
    I'm Scott Parsell. President CNC Warehouse. A club sounds like a good idea for the Houston hobbyist market. I could volunteer some evenings to meeting space if everyone doesn't mind the drive to Hwy 290 and 43rd street area. Let me know how many and how often people want to get together.
    Email scottp@cnc-warehouse.com if interested.

Downloads
    Uploads

Scott,

I am definitely interested. I'm just off 43rd and ella.

Count me in. I'll send an e-mail

BT

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am sorry if this is butting in to a different conversation... I am also in Houston and looking for someone interested in helping me do two small CNC routings in a bed i am making for my son. One in the headboard and one in the foot board, both about 12" x 12" in birch. I am just looking to do 1/8" deep, and I can help with the digital file creation. Anyone interested ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm in Santa Fe. If that is a fit mail me.
    Bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by js5star View Post
    I am sorry if this is butting in to a different conversation... I am also in Houston and looking for someone interested in helping me do two small CNC routings in a bed i am making for my son. One in the headboard and one in the foot board, both about 12" x 12" in birch. I am just looking to do 1/8" deep, and I can help with the digital file creation. Anyone interested ?
    I could fit that on my mill, I have a "custom" routing head that could do the job. Give me a shout. I'm near 249/Beltway in Champions Forest area.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This should be perfect. Thanks!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi everyone. I built a machine from scratch a couple of years ago. I had it as far as being able to jog all of the axis before life got in the way and I needed to sell it.

I got the cnc bug again and just purchased a 2x4 machine that I hope to have up and running in the next couple of weeks. Putting the machine together and getting it all wired up will not be a problem for me. Where I will need help and probably have some questions is all of the software. The software is something I have never used.

I have purchased and will be using Mach3 and I am leaning towards purchasing VCarve Pro. I want to start working with wood first and when I get a little confidence move to acrylic starboard and maybe aluminum at some point.

I live in Bacliff, (between Kemah and Texas City) if there is anyone that has time that can mentor/answer questions. My real job is out of my home office so I am almost always around. Thanks!

Brett

blfuller12345@gmail.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12