Need Help! New home, new hobby workshop!

Thread: New home, new hobby workshop!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question New home, new hobby workshop!

Hi,
    I moved to a new house and now I have just started a new project: Hobby workshop! I have a study room in my house and also a balcony near my room. I have decided use the balcony as my workshop. I closed the balcony to outside with glass windows. I also modeled the balcony since the available space is small and it has to be used as dense as possible. The reason I opened the thread is to have any advice and recommendation on my workshop design and try to improve it. First see the plan I have in mind:

New home, new hobby workshop!-workshop4edit-jpg
    Workshop Top View
    New home, new hobby workshop!-workshop2edit-jpg
    Workshop Overview
    New home, new hobby workshop!-workshop1edit-jpg
    Workshop Detailed View

As you would guess noise will be a major problem for my workshop. I have try to design the desk to also be the cabine for the milling machine which will be the main contributor. For the cabine I used aluminum profiles for the skeleton. I will close the sides from outside and inside 3mm plexi. I will also use a glass wool in between the plexis. Also I have glass wools at the bottom and top of the cabine. For the noise transmitted from the air I have planned to make the cabined air tight as possible using silicon and rubber isolators. For the noise that will be transmitted by vibration, I mounted the mill to an panel at the bottom and do put glass wool between the panel and the desk (see the picture below.) as a vibration and sound isolator.
    Also there will be a sheet iron cover under the mill to collect the chips and the coolant during milling.
    The door for the cabine was a problem since there was not much space to open it and I decided to open it vertically to upwards using a guide that will be designed by me. I have a rapid prototype access and plan to use it where Its need until I can make the metal parts in my workshop.

New home, new hobby workshop!-workshop3edit-jpg
    CNC Mill Cabine Section View

I will plan to have the following machines in my workshop:

1 - Optimum BF20L mill
    New home, new hobby workshop!-optimum-jpg
    I will convert the machine to CNC. The diy upgrades in time will be, anti backlash nuts for built in ACME screws and temporary CNC conversion, ball screws better stepper mounts and CNC conversion,incremental encoders for the hybrid stepper drive and cosed loop control, liquid cooling, head counter weight, BT30 spindle and ATC, 4th and 5th axes, I chose this mill since its has the working are that would be enough for my projects and weight is about 125kg which means I dont need any special equipment to lift it during installation. I plan to use chinese 1600 oz-in Nema 34 stepper motors. Are they too overkill for my setup? I know the tork drop with speed will be higher for nema 34 when compared to nema23 ~400oz-in steppers however I think that the acceleration that nema 34 will be better.

2 - Optimum d240x500g lathe
    New home, new hobby workshop!-optilathe-jpg
    Upgrades will be, CNC conversion(Nema23 hybrid steppers end axis encoders, Spindle encoder for threading), cabinet and liquid cooling (that will be shared with the mill) and automatic tool post. I did not chose vario version since I will use a VFD to control the speed spindle speed from the computer. I chose the lathe again according to the weight which is also 125 kg (managable with my resources) and working area seems to be enough.

3 - Band saw

4 - Grinding machine

5 - Diy induction heater

6 - Cabine for painting stuff and chemical operations

7 - Any thing really needed in time

These are the thinks in my mind, any suggestion and opinions are wellcomed.
    Best regards.