New CNC'er from Florida

Thread: New CNC'er from Florida

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New CNC'er from Florida

I had no budget to speak of, no garage space, and very little spare time. But I decided to plunge into the CNC hobby, and I'm glad I did!

Here is my setup...
    - A tabletop CNC machine I bought on eBay; looks like Zen Toolworks but I could be wrong;
    - A TB6560-based stepper controller;
    - A PWM controller for the spindle motor;
    - An old PC running Mach3 and CamBam;
    - A small assortment of drills, mills, routers and V-cutters.

The machine is precise enough to carve printed circuit boards, and sturdy enough to cut aluminum (if you are not in a hurry).

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome to CNCZONE. Your machine work looks great. I'm from Miami. I built my machines but they are not operational yet until I send the components to be anodize. I would like hearing from you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I live in Seffner, Florida. If you are ever in the area stop by and we can talk CNC. I left you a personal message.

John

2007 HAAS TM-1P OneCNC XR5 Mill Pro. Shopbot PRT running Mach3 2010 Screen Set, Super PID and PMDX Electronics.Check out my Gallery on: http://www.johnsmarinesolutions@gmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi John, I didn't get the pm. Thank you for your invitation. Likewise, if you come to Miami I would like that. Attached are pictures of the "EKF- Dremel" I'm Building. Just last week I made the t-track table for it. It's amazing, the slots are 1/8 x 1/4 x 5/8. I also made the t-track nuts. However, I don't have the other motors/drivers yet.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New CNC'er from Florida-slide1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all,
    I too am in Fl (Tampabay) area,
    I have a Taig 2019 Cnc Mill as well as a a taig Lathe and a 10" Atlas lathe. Im no machinist but I had a project to complete several years back
    and the Taig fit the bill. 3 Axis with a on demand 4th axis.
    Some of my projects. can be seen here. TheSn1per
    glad to hear their are some DIY'er near by. Im glad to help in anyway I can too
    -Sam

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello "the.sniper": This week I received the anodized parts for the machine I'm building, the "EKFER DE LANCE" (110 parts). They have hundreds of holes and several pounds of stainless steel allen head cap screws of various sizes) As I started the assembly, I can tell you that I feel extremely grateful to all the members that have contributed to my project with their information and advice. The pictures I posted here are for the "EKF-DREMEL" (incomplete), made from the left-overs of the "EKFER DE LANCE." (fancy name for a machine which means "the spear" or the name for a Central American viper). This one will also be anodized. Take care

Downloads
    Uploads

Ekfer, Cool Ill do a search for the photos. Funny thing you say Anodizing.
    Im currently setting up my own anodizing solutions. Ive built alot of parts mostly small parts. And Ive grown tired of painting them
    when they could have been anodized. so this is one of my current project. Ill post my progress.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well, I have great interest in anodizing, powder coating, aluminum casting together with cnc building. There's so much to learn and play with, but sssh the wife is watching!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Also, a new CNC'er I live in Central Florida (Melbourne).

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Another new member here in the Kissimmee area. have been CNC'n since '98, but doing home stuff on a small shark machine for the past 3 years. Mostly custom F1, GT and other styles of steering wheels for online racing out of plexiglass. Tempted to look into building a little bit bigger mach that will handle up to 1/2" bits.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New CNC'er from Florida-ch-42-jpg   New CNC'er from Florida-v8-p310-jpg   New CNC'er from Florida-custom-gt-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

@Simracn..
    wow those are some nice wheels are you building the actual wheel too?

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks sniper :-) The F1 The only parts i didnt make are the enclosure, display and of course the buttons. I made the knobs, cut a set, made molds and molded the rest. CF in the center and then CF vinyl on the outer edges. Black autoair paint on the grips and clear coated. I shape them mostly by hand after the rough rounding.
    The sparco is a real sparco P310, and made the rest. The one with the bmw logo is all plex with leather wrapping on the grip.

The F1 also has a combo peddle set have been working on, to try and make something for handicapped racers. Has a push/pull shifter and two paddles for clutches or gas/brake.

Start out with 1" plex and either the whole wheel, or can also make a back plate for them to cover/hide the electronics.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Simracn,

Those wheels really look nice. I have an old Wingman by Logitech setup in the closet. I used it on an old computer game. Think it was called Need For Speed. Ha Ha

Of course yours are much more sophisticated. My friend plays an online game with tanks and he is really into it. I am sure the racing is even more fun. Any links to the online racing stuff?

John

2007 HAAS TM-1P OneCNC XR5 Mill Pro. Shopbot PRT running Mach3 2010 Screen Set, Super PID and PMDX Electronics.Check out my Gallery on: http://www.johnsmarinesolutions@gmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks John, I have been using iracing.com software. it is a pay to race, but they always have specials going on, and i need to check on the other options for joining. there may be a lite version that can get you in the service to drive a bunch of the different cars. Main thing is check iracing.com and see what you think. a lot of tracks, and a lot of cars, accurate physics and tracks, and once you own a track or car, any updates are free. And you get all the configurations at that track in the one cost.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New CNC'er from Florida

Is there any place to talk about CNC in australia.
    rating

Downloads
    Uploads

You can talk to the World from right there at your house. You just did it.
    If looking for a mentor or something, just make a thread asking for same. Lots of Australian Members here.
    As for Florida, I don't think I count. I live 15 to 20 minutes away. From the Panhandle part. South Alabama.
    The machines and what you guys are doing is very cool. Keep up the cool stuff.

Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, amycode, welcome to the forum.
    I live on the east coast of florida in a town called Melbourne.
    I'm sure that people from Australia will contact you.
    This is a great forum where you can get all the help you need. All you need to do is ask.
    I get 99% of my info from reading and searching for specific topics.

David