Newbie What dimension/gauge steel tubing do I need for a bed frame?

Thread: What dimension/gauge steel tubing do I need for a bed frame?

Downloads
    Uploads

Question What dimension/gauge steel tubing do I need for a bed frame?

I work primarily with wood, but am now just starting to move into welding/metalworking, so forgive the complete lack of knowledge..

I'm hoping to build as thin of a bed frame as possible to keep as much space below it as I can.
    The dimensions of the bed are 48"x75" with posts only at the corners
    My question is, what would be the best size tubing (either square or rectangular) for the beams spanning the 75", if I'm only supporting them on the ends. (I'd have all of the slats supporting the mattress itself connected to these two beams)
    I'd love to use 11ga 1"x1" as I have easy access to that, but my hunch is that might not be strong enough, though I'm not sure.
    Would 11ga 1-1/2"x1" be much stronger?
    Is there any sense in using angle iron of a larger dimension (2"x2"x1/8") as the beams, with them oriented with their open angle towards the bed, so they don't protrude downward?
    A combination: angle iron on top of a square tube?? (sounds ridiculous but hey who knows, not me)

And yes I've tried a variety of deflection calculators, but still am having trouble finding definitive answers. I assume acceptable deflection is different in metal than it is in wood, but I'm not sure in which ways.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!