Dust Shoe hose angle (45º vs 90º) for best Airflow?

Thread: Dust Shoe hose angle (45º vs 90º) for best Airflow?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Dust Shoe hose angle (45º vs 90º) for best Airflow?

Hello,

Currently i have this dust shoe which i have designed: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3849307

It uses a 90º angle in at spindle nozzle, followed by a straight tunel, up to a 90º out. Was using it for some time and perform very well so far, but now i find that my dust collector benefits more from the original 100mm hose instead of the one i'm using with 58mm, it have more sucktion power and by that i'm remaking my shoe to gain that extra performance which are being wasted.
    As i'm always tring to improve my stuff i want to ask if the dust shoe will benefit from a 45º output instead of 90º, or if it doesn't matter = same performance. It will still have the 90º at spindle nozzle as collector.

(Please see images on attachement)

Any other suggestions are also appreciated