Newbie Ballscrew design and 12vdc rpm and torque calculations Help Required

Thread: Ballscrew design and 12vdc rpm and torque calculations Help Required

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Ballscrew design and 12vdc rpm and torque calculations Help Required

Hello
    IM normally quiet smart but the following has me stumped. My Carpentry brain just cant work it out
    I have a machine that has a 200x 20mm sliding plate ( slides on 2 SGB20N bearings each end) it has a vertical load of 400N each side
    I need to get this plate to slide(powered) from one end of the rail to the other (900MM)
    I think maybe a 16mm Ballscrew driven by a 12vdc ( it is to fit inside a car ) reduction right angle worm drive gearbox (3000rmp 30 watt motor)
    if this has and encoder i could set the limits . it must travel both ways)
    the overall speed of the plate is 0.045m/sec ( 20 secs to travel the 900mm so its not fast)
    im not sure what type of ballscrew 1604-1605-1610 ? would be best ( question 1)
    then i need to know the output rpm of the gearbox and the torque required to move the plate easily ( question 2)
    a suitable model no of motor-encoder-and gearbox ( Question 3)
    Im not even sure IF this type of system will actually work. I thought of a rack and pinion setup but i dont have the space or know how for this either.
    The ballscrew would be mounted on the side wall of the machine with standard BF/BK bearings and the Ball nut and housing secured down to the top of the plate.
    Ive googled and found a million calculations but i just cant work this out
    Any help hugely appreciated. If this is in the wrong forum . my apologies
    Richard