Newbie Pressure rating of CNC machined SS fittings?

Thread: Pressure rating of CNC machined SS fittings?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Pressure rating of CNC machined SS fittings?

Hi Team members,

I am a Pipeline Process/Estimate Engineer trainee and I usually calculate the pressure rating of the pipeline as per the design application using Barlow's formula. But when it comes to the CNC/Lathe custom machined fittings/parts, I don't know what the formula to use to calculate its pressure rating.

Please, if anyone could help me in this forum on calculating the pressure rating of machined parts (Adaptor, Elow block and etc.), it would be more helpful for me.

Hoping to find a solution from this forum.

Thanks and Regards,
    Santhosh

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Pressure rating of CNC machined SS fittings?

If you are an engineer trainee then you should be giving this question to your supervisor, but in answer to your question I would say that you cannot really calculate for this situation. Rather, you should be referring to standards for pressure fittings, and then pressure testing (hydrostatic pressure testing) of the actual fittings. Test pressures are obviously a significant magnitude higher that working pressures.

In the case of machining one-off fittings, for use in non critical applications and for lower rather than higher working pressures, then generally a person would copy an existing fitting (standards compliant, pressure rated) in terms of dimension and material. High pressure applications should be considered very carefully...

Last edited by jono5axe; 05-06-2018 at 09:36 PM.
    Jonathon Clarke
    www.solpont.com