Hi,

I've came with a new idea to improove my 3D printer print head but I need your opinion.
Basically I want to raise and lower the nozzle to use it as a probe, heated block and the nozzle are attached to a long shaft called "heatbreak", which is screwed into the aluminium radiator. I don't want to mount the heatbreak permanently, instead I'd like it to slide inside the radiator up and down.
My idea is to machine the heatbreak from stainless steel (303, as the original), then press fit a brass bushing into the aluminium radiator, and machine it to leave 0.05mm or 0.002in of clearance between them. The clearance should be as small as possible for best thermal transfer, yet shaft has to move freely without using much force. (4N max)
It would be best to run it dry, but I'm afraid it will wear pretty quickly, so I'll most like have to use some grease but I don't know which one. I've found some thermal conductive ones, but these contain silver power (40um) which might cause it to wear even quicker.
What do you think ?
It is supposed to look like this : (dimensions in mm)