Replacing a freqrol FRSX-2-11-K - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Replacing a freqrol FRSX-2-11-K

Downloads
    Uploads

Applying 24V to the VRO relay did the trick! It is now up and running! I'll post details of the fix and my final wiring in a few days. Thanks everyone for your support on this forum. Couldn't have got this up and running without you guys. I am amazed by the talent and support around here.

Benjamin Barch
    Barch Designs
    877-201-9771

Downloads
    Uploads

Default How to find the old Braking Resistor

Where is the braking resistor on the old drive? I am mostly up and running, but my deceleration time is set very slow until the old drive's braking resistor can be hooked up to the new Toshiba drive. Here are some pictures of the old drive, can anyone direct me on where the braking resistor is in all this? I assume some things have to be unhooked and I will end up with just two fairly big wires to hook up to the Toshiba. Not sure what I am looking at though and would like your help.

Thank You,
    Benjamin Barch

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Replacing a freqrol FRSX-2-11-K-imag0550-jpg   Replacing a freqrol FRSX-2-11-K-imag0551-jpg   Replacing a freqrol FRSX-2-11-K-imag0552-jpg   Replacing a freqrol FRSX-2-11-K-imag0549-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Ahh, Just found out there is no braking resistor on the old drive. So I ordered one off of eBay. The book suggests a 10 ohm 660 watt resistor. I bought two 20 ohm 1,000 watt resistors that I plan on running in parallel to essentially make a 10 ohm 1,000 watt resistor. As soon as it is all hooked up I will explain how it all was finalized with the wiring.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Guys. I have a Mazak SLT40 with a T1 and the old Freqrol FR-SX-2-22K drive. I am getting the LED 12 and 13 Inverter IOC problem. I just had this drive into Mitsubishi a few months back. I originally sent this drive in as part of what I thought was a problem. Turns out that my LX131 I/O board was causing my original issue. Mitsubishi found some weak caps and cold solder joints. I replaced the drive, with the same original problem. Ended up being the LX131 board. So I said what the heck, at least I know this FR-SX is up to par, and should not have any issues. After fixing the LX131, life was good.

The new issues are alarms... They did seem to be intermittent. Sometimes the alarms would clear themselves, which would be 51 Thermal Trip, 28 E-Stop, and 55 Motor Overload. We could run a few days, and all would be good. Seems like the issue would come and go. Today was different, the shop foreman said he couldn't get the machine up at all....

I pulled the boards on the drive today to check them over, soldered a few joints that looked bad. Checked the spindle motor with a megohm meter, and all looked well on that end. I also checked the spindle motor fan. Tried to fire up the machine without the U,V,W connected to drive and still same issue. Cut the breaker to drive, still alarmed out. It is definetly in the drive I suspect.

I still have a few months on warranty with Mitsubishi, but with the cost to just remove the old heavy thing and send it in is almost what it would cost to just retrofit with the drives you all have been talking about.

Can I retrofit this FR-SX-2-22K with the Toshiba drives yall are talking about? Im assuming this is a 22kw spindle drive. I can have my shop foreman look tomorrow for sure. I am 100 miles away from my shop. What parameter changes are involved?

Looks like there is great success going this route. Sure hate to send it in and have more problems in a few months.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

How are things working out after these retrofits? We have 2 QT-10's and one of them has the same intermittent problem they all seem to have.

Crashing Sucks!
    www.reliancemachine.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Steve, The retrofit is working good. I haven't run the machine much as of yet, but I do power it on from time to time and play with it a bit. For me it is one of those machines that mostly sits around and gets used once in a while.

I haven't had any problems with it, no alarms, nothing bad has happened. The machine just does what it is supposed to do. Overall the spin up and spin down time of the spindle is slightly slower than what it used to be, but other than that it seems to be working out good.

PS I have never tried tapping with it, so I can't tell you if that part has been affected or not, but over all I am extremely happy with the retrofit and recommend it. With the support of the people around CNCZone and Toshiba Drive technical support it was really pretty easy now that I look back on it.

I wish you the best of luck and if you decide to do the retrofit, let us know how it goes. I still have fresh notes if you should run into issues with it.

PSS I also sold my old Mazak drive back to Mazak. They paid for shipping and gave me $200 for it. It was broken, I didn't need it and it covered part of the cost of the new Toshiba drive which for me was a win win.

Benjamin Barch
    Barch Designs
    877-201-9771

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I have MAZAK VQC 20/40B with Mazatrol M-2. I have problem with its spindle drive unit (FR-SX). Is there any way to repleace any another driver. Some guys here says there is no way because this driver has orientation point on it to change tools from magazine. So I am confused. Sorry for my bad english and thanks for your help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Replacing a freqrol FRSX-2-11-K

Quote Originally Posted by nastek View Post
    please connect VRO to 24V, and make sure VRO Rellay is on ( find it on controller door cabinet ), or give a jumper VR-IG on Rellay terminal.
    Hello,
    I have planned to change my fr-sx drive for this VF s11 toshiba drive and I have one question, Can you still program threads using this one?
    Thanks

jolulank

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jolulank, I never used the tapping feature on the turning center so I don't know for certain. From what I remember though I think you should be able to still do tapping. The encoder feedback for the Spindle went straight back to the NC so the VFD drive itself didn't have any encoder info going through it for tapping. I believe the Z axis would sync to encoder RPM and the Spindle would stay the same speed. I traded up the machine so I don't have it anymore unfortunately to test.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello again and thanks for the help, it seems i need more assistance.
    I already installed the toshiba drive but there are two things that does not seem right. I set the parameters as indicated, I made the connections too.
    When I start the drive the motor seems like it stutters, I checked the out voltage and suddenly drops and comes back, so it seems reasonable that it happens. Another problem is that despite UL and FH parameters set right I cannot get past 60 rpms.
    If I command forward or reverse it does the same thing, stuttering and max 60 rpms.
    Please help!!!

Thank you

jolulank

Downloads
    Uploads

When I was initially setting my drive parameters to the motor I had some issues just like you are describing. if I remember right it was something to do with the ramp up speed or some other "more advanced" parameter that really shouldn't be adjusted until the basic first parameter settings work to at least get you spinning. Toshiba has great phone support. I would suggest picking up the phone and talking through the basic parameters with one of their technical representatives. Once you get the motor spinning you can start adjusting other things once at a time. You might even want to reset the drive to the factory defaults and just try it to see what happens before adjusting anything. There are only about 3 or 4 parameters that need to be set to get you spinning. After that it is all tuning the drive to do exactly what you want.

When you call Toshiba make sure you have your motor numbers. i.e. the numbers on the motor nameplate like 30min kW Rating, Voltage, # of poles, 2 or 3 phase, etc.

Start at the very basic stuff and go from there. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys, I know this is an old thread but I'm in the process of installing a new drive in my QT-20 and have a couple questions I'm hoping you can help with.

1) Is the speed input 0-10V or 4-20mA?
    2) How do you hook up the cooling fan on the spindle motor? Seems like it needs 200V 1ph at 0.2A based on the motor nameplate (see pic)
    3) I'm missing the leads ARST1 (19) and ARST2 (20) for alarm reset but I have leads (47) and (48) which aren't listed in the manual. Do you think it's possible to test these leads somehow to see if they are the alarm reset leads?
    4) On CON 3 there is a speed detect wire VR0 (16) and COM (20). Should this be used to operate the VR0 relay that was jumpered earlier in this thread?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Matt.

Replacing a freqrol FRSX-2-11-K-img_0944-jpgReplacing a freqrol FRSX-2-11-K-img_0944-jpgReplacing a freqrol FRSX-2-11-K-img_0944-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Just a heads up, I got this going a while ago. Forgot to post the results and I can't remember what the details were but it worked great.

Downloads
    Uploads

Helo Matt
    I'm trying to replace old freqrol on my qt8 with new Yaskawa v1000 drive. How did you solve problem with connecting blower motor?
    Josip

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by nastek View Post
    It's just little help, today i just finished new installation on Mazak QT10 with new controller GREAT CNC (China), hi. Gear 3500 rpm, and get fast ACC and DEC.
    Hi! I know this is very old thread, but can you help me? I try to change my original Freqrol FR SE/it is 99 % the same like FR SX/ with vector Invertor. I have problem with the wiring. When I plug out CON2 /this goes to the resolver/ I become overload alarm. I have the wiring diagram in this thread, but on the machine are much more signals that aren't described. Could you help me with more information about the wiring please? Thank you very much in advance!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345