Need Help! Settings to run dnc on cam-m2 controller

Thread: Settings to run dnc on cam-m2 controller

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Settings to run dnc on cam-m2 controller

How do I get the drip feeding (dnc) to work on my VQC 30/50B? I know that it have worked ones, but that was ages ago and noone seems to remember how the made it work

I have the FX17 card and two ports on it. think the´re named CNI1 & CNI2.
    The first one goes to the frontpanel and that is the one i use to transfer my eia/iso programs to the memory... Can I use the same port & cable when i´m running dnc?

Which parameter settings is needed to be done, and how do I start the drip feeding? the practical details!

Sorry for my bad english! :P

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You have too push button F2 and run or maybe it be called memory (it’s arrows on it) at the same time too set the machine in iso position.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you know if it is the same parameter settings for the transfer of programs to the machine-memory and the drip-feeding?

When should I push the F2 and run button? when I´m in the menu for dnc? when I have decided what program-number to dripfeed?

when do I start the transfer on my computer?

And another question: Sometimes when I delete iso-programs from the machine-memory, the tool-data is lost aswell? Anyone know why??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

When using dnc drip the computer always waits for the control. Tool data is shared with iso programs erase one and the other is gone. You should not have to change any parameters dnc screen load computer then F2 run and it should feed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteZero View Post
    When using dnc drip the computer always waits for the control. Tool data is shared with iso programs erase one and the other is gone. You should not have to change any parameters dnc screen load computer then F2 run and it should feed.
    So when I´m on dnc-screen I choose program:nr to feed from computer, Press F2 run and then start the transfer on my computer??

What do you mean with "data is shared with iso programs erase one and the other is gone."?
    It cannot be possible that I have to remeasure all the tools after deleting a program. (I´m talking about the same tool-data that´s being used by mazatrol) And it´s not happening every time!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

once you have told the computer (dnc source) to feed program then F2 run. In mazatrol there are tool offsets for mazatrol and for iso programs if you use the iso tool data and not the mazatrol offsets as far as i remember they are allocated so if its only happening some times i may be wrong about that but I'm almost certain that if you are in the iso tools that stays with that program but if you use mazatrol offset you should be ok.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am using the mazatrol-offsets! But they´re being deleted sometimes when i delete an iso-program! It´s just stars & squares (*#) in the tool-data, and I get an error-message saying somethin like: tool data incomplete. And the only way to get the machine going again is remeasure all the tools!

Another stupid question: When you say F2 run, you mean I should push F2 on the controlpanel and then press run? and with run you mean the "enter/return" button? When am I supposed to push cycle start?

Downloads
    Uploads

Make sure you PC is connected to the same port that you use to download/upload programs and is configured for DNC/dripfeed. Then on the M2 control depress the "AUTO" and "F2" keys at the same time. The "F2" key should then remain lit and at the top of the screen (where the program number usually is) there should be a bunch of ***** or similar. This means machine is now in dripfeed or tape mode. Then run your program like normal, use single block & dry run, etc. If F2 key does not stay lit then you have an earlier version of the M2 control firmware that doesn't support this.

I know as I have this problem. Mazak want's $5000 for a 128K mem upgrade or $20K for a 1Mb upgrade and I can't get a straight answer from Mits on the cost of upgrading my firmware for drip feed or how many boards need to be sent out. Keep your fingers crossed you don't need to go through this.

Last edited by nlh; 09-08-2008 at 11:04 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    I have the same problem do you find the solution?
    please tell how can I make it work?
    thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Settings to run dnc on cam-m2 controller

Hi
    I have a MAZAK VQC-30/50B
    All its parameters and program s are cleared
    Someone can help me?