Mitsubishi Meldas M3 Control? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mitsubishi Meldas M3 Control?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow, well ok. This is been a definite learning experience for me. And thanks for your advise to fix Caprirs, I'll use your input when I get to that point again for sure!.

However I have some new, news/info. I got the maintenance manual out for this Mitsubishi drive to look up some trouble shooting etc. Well basically i checked around, nothing on the board looks burnt, or seems to be arcing... the three fuses are good... and then i found the reset button. So I reset the board, power off, power on, turn on control and there we go. Its communicating again and I Have a Alarm 10, Low Voltage alarm once again. Any tips on that? Basically the manual says to swap the option board out for another to see if the alarm repeats...

Tom

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Also, the RS-232 cable .... is it a DTE or a DCE?

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Low Voltage? What is the voltage coming into the machine? Mitsubishi rates their stuff for 220VAC +/- 10%. Some machines are more sensitive than others. Once the voltage goes below 200VAC, the machine can alarm or even just shut off. Do you have any voltage drop from the main disconnect to the R, S, & T terminals along the bottom of the drive? Loose wires perhaps?

Err, I'm not very smart about the RS-232 terminology. I'm using 9 pin at the PC and obviously 25 pin on the Mitsubishi end. Prior to this year, I used a 9 pin to 25 pin serial cable with a 25 pin null modem adapter at the Mits end. Worked fine with Windows Hyperterminal for transfers but would not drip feed. I have since switched to Betatronics for electrical isolation and iWorkshop software.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the info on the rs232 cable Caprirs

I've checked the voltage and its 226 going into the machine, and the same going into the drive where you said to check... so I haven't seen any voltage drop up to there. I've done some looking around throughout the drive and don't see anything burn, or soemthing that looks like its arcing out... there are three fuses... just checked continuity with a volt meter and they check out fine... I'm reading through a trouble shooting manual as i type this...

btw... the spindle drive is a fr-sfj-2-3.7k-t

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Also, the RS-232 cable .... is it a DTE or a DCE?
    You need a three wire cable with the Hardware handshake jumpered out, here is a PDF, ignore the Fanuc par, the 25p to 9p cable hook up applies.
    Al.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mitsubishi Meldas M3 Control?-fanuc-0m-pdf  
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Plenty of voltage. Have you called Mitsubishi yet?

Just to clarify. The machine was working fine, got parked in the corner for a while, and this issue arrived with the re-animation of the machine?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No..i haven't called mitsu yet, but probably will today.

As far as i know it was in working order, but the new machines came in and it was much more productive to use the new machines, and another mill we had as a cell, so this one got cut out of the line.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Call Kevin Sellers in the LA office (714) 220-4796, I think. Kevin is more familiar with the Dynas than the Chicago folks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mitsubishi Meldas M3 Control?

Hi Caprirs,
    I am at the later stages of acquiring a (working) Dyna M3 based DM4400M. You seem to have a great deal of knowledge about this machine and control, so I'm hoping you can answer a question or two for me...

First, there are a few posts out there that have the parameters for the M3. What I don't know is whether or not the Dyna has different flavors of parameters. The machine I'm considering has more switches on the panel than pictures of other machines. It also has a fourth axis. If these changes required a different parameter file, which seems like it could be a reasonable conclusion, then the M3 parameters out there on the net won't work for me.

My question, then, is can you tell me the process by which I can download the existing parameters for safekeeping? I think I'd like to do this before I even move the machine just in case the battery were to get jiggled or something.

The second question is... Do you know if this control is capable of supporting a tool presetter and/or probe? I know the older SKIP control was capable of that, and I'm assuming the Meldas is a more advance control, so I would guess the M3 can, but if it can, does that require a different parameter set as well?

Thanks!

P.S. I tried to send this as a PM, but your mailbox is full.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12