Need Help! Alarm 41 Spindle malfunction after amplifier change

Thread: Alarm 41 Spindle malfunction after amplifier change

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Alarm 41 Spindle malfunction after amplifier change

Hi

I have an old 1997 VTC20B M-Plus

The machine has been sitting for a while and when i booted it up it worked fine for a few days until the spindle amplifier wouldnt boot (MDS-B-SP-110).
    I exchanged it (to a refurbished used one) and the machine would boot, i can jog the spindle to any RPM (if i start it with 0rpm and raise it).

However, when trying to orient the spindle or start at a given RPM it throws alarm 41, the servo amp MDS-B-SP-110 gives me E4-32 which seems to be an overcurrent alarm.

Can anyone help?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Alarm 41 Spindle malfunction after amplifier change

When you say the spindle amp would not boot, was it dead, with no display? Does the spindle load bar graph on the screen show a high load when rotating the spindle? After replacing the amp, the connection from the PLG (spindle encoder) may not be connecting correctly, or the PLG or its amplifier (near the spindle motor) may be defective. I have also seen the (9-pin?) connector for the PLG amp corroded, causing this problem.

Holland Industrial Control Service
    don@holland-industrial.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for reply

The amp was dead with no display, when i jog the spindle up to 1000rpm the load graph shows 0-1%. Im also getting alarm 211 (spindle controller malfunction) together with alarm 41.

I did an insulation test on the spindle today and all seem fine.

Will look into the PLG, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Docter Don View Post
    When you say the spindle amp would not boot, was it dead, with no display? Does the spindle load bar graph on the screen show a high load when rotating the spindle? After replacing the amp, the connection from the PLG (spindle encoder) may not be connecting correctly, or the PLG or its amplifier (near the spindle motor) may be defective. I have also seen the (9-pin?) connector for the PLG amp corroded, causing this problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

It turns out the replacement card was faulty.

I managed to fix my old drive by exchanging the 2 capacitors on the Dk510 card, everything works now.