Need Help! Black screen on cloned Mazak HDD and swapped HDD

Thread: Black screen on cloned Mazak HDD and swapped HDD

Exclamation Black screen on cloned Mazak HDD and swapped HDD

Good Day everyone

I have recently been upgrading the HDDs of the mazak Machines to SSD. the first 4 went without a problem, but the next set started with Issues

1. SSD is seen in the BIOS and will only boot 1 time. after a restart the Hard drive comes up with a Non system boot error
    2a. SSD will cause the Machine to start with a black screen and nothing else.
    2c. IDE will cause the Machine to boot with a black screen and nothing else
    2b. Normal working IDE hard drives of the exact same type and size if swapped between the same model machine cause this same problem.
    3. Drives are picked up in the bios with incorrect sizing and will auto detect to incorrect size (drive is 20gb / 20480mb)
    4. I have used a mix of Brand new IDE drives, and different brands of SSDs and Connectors.
    5. this happens with Win95, Win2000 and WinXP so far.
    6. on my laptop with an IDE drive bay (its old) every single drive boots without any problem IDE or SSD

Im starting to think my problems are coming from the IDE cables and that they need to be replaced. my biggest reason for this is swapping a drive with the same cable in the macine causes the black scree. drive works perfectly fine as it comes out of another machine.

Machines are Maz matrix 200-II, 100-II, 150 and 200 and some 460 controllers.

Anyone got any ideas or had the same problems?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Black screen on cloned Mazak HDD and swapped HDD

Did you clone an actual working drive that boots up when you tried the SSD? I would think if the system boots up with the original drive then the cables must be good

Default Re: Black screen on cloned Mazak HDD and swapped HDD

Original drive boots fine, but a cloned drive or even a working drive from another machine of the exact same model will not boot.
    Had another machine where the drive would not boot, swapped the cable with another machine and it worked great.
    put that cable into the other machine and that machine booted and is working still no problem.
    I have 3 machines that do this exact same thing when a cloned drive is inserted
    1 of these machines when it does boot to a drive does not show the correct drive sizes
    another has only booted once to windows after cloning and after a restart would not boot again, comes up with a boot disk error.
    i have to do testing but getting that time on the machine is near impossible.
    All of the drives i cloned boot on my laptop.