Adding sub program to mazatrol changes the tool path of the EIA program

Thread: Adding sub program to mazatrol changes the tool path of the EIA program

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Adding sub program to mazatrol changes the tool path of the EIA program

Running Mazak VCU 500 with Mazatrol Smart control

Added a Mazatrol operation to my current EIA program so I can run 2 operations at once. Running the Mazatrol as the master program and then EIA as a subprogram in it. However when I did this it completely changed the tool path of my end mill in the EIA program. I've had my boss watch as I needed a witness to double check me. I had to take out the Mazatrol and just run it as an EIA to get the correct toolpaths. Any one had any similar experiences?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Thegoodnews View Post
    Running Mazak VCU 500 with Mazatrol Smart control

Added a Mazatrol operation to my current EIA program so I can run 2 operations at once. Running the Mazatrol as the master program and then EIA as a subprogram in it. However when I did this it completely changed the tool path of my end mill in the EIA program. I've had my boss watch as I needed a witness to double check me. I had to take out the Mazatrol and just run it as an EIA to get the correct toolpaths. Any one had any similar experiences?
    The thing to remember is the Meldas control gives the builder the option to make the control "their own" it doesn't surprise me that the mazatrol "mask" isn't compatible with what you are doing. I remember similar issues with Traub turning centres once Meldas became pc/windows based.