Error 55 motor overload (T1) - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Error 55 motor overload (T1)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Have you reloaded/checked the parameters?, you mentioned in your first post that it had sat for 2 years.
    I have known these machines lose them over a long weekend!
    can you jog the X?
    The asterisks in the position screen can be lost parameters.
    Al.
    Cant jog X!

Downloads
    Uploads

Something doesn't look right there, I would have to check the copies I have tomorrow, There are more pages as well, including the OP option parameters.
    Have you ever done the reload procedure?
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Never reloaded or had this running here...I did get these on startup

11 Battery fault
    12 Batttery fault

After clearing it was fine untill I tried to jog and then the Z axis went the wrong way and gave me the travel error and wont jog back (joystick) and X wont move either.

Downloads
    Uploads

It definitely looks like parameters, do you have a hardcopy, it will be easy to compare, If you do not have, I may have a copy that will be close.
    Al.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a hard copy sheet that explains the input of the parameters (default)...but I think it only covers the first page of them.

Downloads
    Uploads

You should have the parameters, inc options, tool offsets and chuck barrier data.
    See if these still exist at least, and copy down.
    You should have got the copy from the previous owner.
    There is a procedure for clearing memory and entering the data, the OP parameters have to be entered with a 9th parity bit.
    Al.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Plain english on that last part please

Downloads
    Uploads

I can put together something for the procedure for clearing memory and re-entering all, You will need the original list of parameters and options.
    I may have one from a similar T1.
    The OP parameters are entered as 9 bits, e.g. if the parameter is 10101001
    then it will be entered as 101010014 (4 bits set to 1).
    Al.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Al I have the parameter worksheet for the tooling offsets like shown here but I dont have any other worksheets for the machine. I will check all mauals

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default MAZAK QT10 T1 55 ALARM

HI,
    I HAVE A MAZAK QT10 TI,I AM GETTING FRQUENTLY 55 SPINDLE OVERLOAD
    ERROR.WHEN I SHUT DOWN AND RESTART THEN THE MACHINE STARTS AGAIN.

WHEN I CHECKED THE ERROR DETECT LED IN SPINDLE DRIVE IT SHOWS LED 12 AND 13 IS ON.
    THE COVER SHOWS IT IS INVERTER IOC ERROR.
    I NOTICED ONE OF MY SPINDLE DRIVE FAN NOT WORKING EVEN WHEN THE MACHINE IS WORKING.
    CAN YOU HELP ME HOW TO FIX THE 55 ERROR.

Last edited by praba; 12-10-2007 at 08:06 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

we have a similar problem - so i wont start another topic.

mazak qt10 with T1 and Freqrol FR-SX.
    when we power it up we have alarm 55 spindle overload.
    leds no 5, 10, 12 and 13 are on - says inverter over current.
    i checked already thyristor and transistor units on power board. there is no shortage on them.

but then on the left side, a bit lower on the control board there is a row of leds and we have three leds light up. numbers with leds are 101, 102 & 103.
    is anyone possible to say what is the meaning of the leds 101 till 103 ?? maybe they say what is the reason of my problem.
    thanks for the help

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you check the breaker for the drive, usually mounted behind the swing out door on the drive.
    Al.

Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

yes, breaker is ON condition.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am so glad I found this thread. I also have Mazak QT 10 that sat for some time and has an identical problem. When powered on I generally get

28 F Emergency Stop
    55 Motor Overload

My machine had lost it's parameters when I first bought it about 2 years ago and thankfully Al had a copy and helped me reload them about a year ago. I still have the originals I can upload tomorrow. It's getting late in the day so I just wanted to recap what my machine is doing to maybe help others troubleshoot.

But here is what happens from the first thing each morning.

When powering on the machine in the morning for the first time I usually get alarms

Which are parameter faults. I check my parameters and it actually still has the ones I loaded in so it never *really* lost them. I then power it off and back on and the parameter alarms go away and I get the 28 and 55 alarms just like the others in this thread.

I get the 28 and 55 alarms mentioned above for about the first 4-6 hours of the day. I randomly keep going back to the machine and power it off from the front panel and then back on. usually the same two errors come up.

But then magically (maybe because the shop warms up) after that I can power it on and it FULLY WORKS for about 30 seconds to 5 minutes. For some reason it usually helps to index the turret first and the 28 alarm doesn't *seem* to come back on right away. I can Zero it out, run the spindle, do everything it should do. in fact one day I even had enough time to write a program in conversational and run it a couple times. But usually after 30 seconds to 5 minutes of no errors I get either a 28 F Emergency Stop or both the 28 and 55 alarms again. Then it is back to powering it off and back on until it magically clears itself again.

SO long story short here, I know my machine works (and I believe so does the others here who have the same alarms). It's just a matter of troubleshooting it down to what is causing the alarms. more to come tomorrow...

Benjamin Barch
    Barch Designs
    877-201-9771

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mazak QT10 Parameter List and other useful info

I was burning the midnight oil tonight and figured I would type up the 3 pictures I had of the Mazak QT 10 (Quick Turn 10) parameter list to make it easier to read and print. I am attaching it here and will also have it available on our website for download. I am also making available some other useful info that helped me get my QT10 up and running to the point it is now. These parameters get me up and running, just not sure what is causing the 55 and 28 alarms. Like I mentioned though after the machine is on for a while the alarms disappear and i can use the machine for a few minutes before they pop back up.

http://www.barchdesigns.com/cnczone/...ameterList.pdf
    http://www.barchdesigns.com/cnczone/...initialize.pdf
    http://www.barchdesigns.com/cnczone/...0/T1ParDef.pdf

Benjamin Barch
    Barch Designs
    877-201-9771

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Error 55 motor overload (T1)-barch-designs-mazak-qt10-parameter-list-pdf   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-t1initialize-pdf   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-t1pardef-pdf  
    Last edited by barchdesigns; 12-21-2010 at 09:15 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

barchdesigns,

Interesting issue you have, what you maybe describing is a supply voltage problem for the CNC. Since this is a T1 you have a power suppply located behind the main mother board LX51. Usually it has terminal screws or plastic connectors. Use a multimeter and check your dc voltages. 5v, 12v, -12v, and 24v, I'm really wondering if these voltages are good or not. Also you have a smaller power supply behind the operation panel that you should check also. Please let the forum know your results, even if they are a little off.

Regards,

Chippy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Regarding the Alarm 55 and Alarm 28, please take note that if parameter "SQ" is not set right, you can get some eronious alarms. This parameter turns on different PLC switches in your ladder which are linked to different machine configurations. It all depends how the machine is configured at the factory.

Regards,

Chippy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hello,
    my case is solved - the service guy from mazak found it out in short time. they say its most popular damage to this drive type. below the control board there is one more board . this board contained an element covered with kind of glue (or plastic) - this one was damaged. machine works nice ;]

Downloads
    Uploads

How much did that board with the glue or plastic cost to replace? Can you describe it in more detail to help me locate it? Mazak wants me to send in the whole FR-SX set of boards and charge $3,330 to repair it when I talked to them on the phone!!! Wow that's a lot of money.

Benjamin Barch
    Barch Designs
    877-201-9771

Last edited by barchdesigns; 12-23-2010 at 10:54 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I measured the voltages as you suggested. I was even lucky enough to be able to measure them when the machine was powered up with no alarms AND with the alarms soon after The voltage measurements were exactly the same however. Here are the results:

On the board behind the front control panel there is a power supply with an adjustable regulator pot.

"AC in" marked 100V, measured 100.3
    "DC output" marked 5V, measured 5.04

And here are the results from the back of the machine measuring the power board behind the "Control Unit"

24, measured 24.2
    5, measured 5.19
    12, measured 11.99
    -12, measured -12.01

Also my SQ parameter is set to 19993

I also measured the incoming AC 3 phase power before and after the main transformer in the back of the machine.

incoming voltage:

output from big transformer

So I called Mazak this morning and had them help me troubleshoot the alarms. The representative told me I need to send in the whole "AC Spindle Controller" FR-SX and that it will cost $3,330 to repair. He said it is probably some transistors that have gone bad. Seems awfully expensive!!!
    Now I have dabbled in electronics for quite a few years and it seems that for a few hundred dollars I could desolder and replace every transistor on the boards and possibly solve the problem? Has anyone attempted something like this? Am correct in thinking this?

Here are a lot of pictures of the machine state now. Please help. What do you suggest I do?

Benjamin Barch
    Barch Designs
    877-201-9771

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06129-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06130-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06132-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06134-jpg  

Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06135-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06136-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06137-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06140-jpg  

Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06142-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06144-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06146-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06147-jpg  

Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06149-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06150-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06151-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06152-jpg  

Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06153-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06155-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06156-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06157-jpg  

Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06158-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06159-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06161-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06162-jpg  

Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06164-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06165-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06166-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06167-jpg  

Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06168-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06169-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06170-jpg   Error 55 motor overload (T1)-dsc06172-jpg  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast