MAZAK QT8-SP WITH T2 CONTROL... NO VIDEO

Thread: MAZAK QT8-SP WITH T2 CONTROL... NO VIDEO

Downloads
    Uploads

Default MAZAK QT8-SP WITH T2 CONTROL... NO VIDEO

Hi Folks,
    I have a 1988 QT8-SP Lathe. Up until a couple of months ago it was running fine. Then one day I turned it on to do a job and the home screen came up then went off and it hasn't come back on. I've tried replacing different boards in the control that I sourced from ebay. So somewhat questionable as to if they are good or not. But they don't seem to change anything related to the video. Intermittently there is a change in the video whether it has any input to the monitor or not. Sometimes it gets power but no signal. Other times it may have a black screen with just a cursor in the top left corner. Occasionally it may show ERR 03 in the top left corner and on the bottom it may show 13 drive error. Currently the parameters have been cleared so possibly the 13 drive error is from that. I've checked all of the grounds that I can find. All of the control voltages are correct (5v, 12v, 24v, 100v) The monitor is a 14" LED running on an X-Box converter. I tried a new converter in case that was bad. Haven't found anything that makes any real change that is consistent.

So I'm looking for some help or direction to go that may get this old dog back to humming along again. This is my first post on this forum so I'm really hoping there is someone on here that can help.
    Thanks,
    Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MAZAK QT8-SP WITH T2 CONTROL... NO VIDEO

Just wanted to correct something in the original post. The monitor is attached to a Xvga Box converter. Guess an X box would refer to a game controller. Boards that I've changed are FX784-8 & 9. FX727, FX702 and FX709 which is in the door in control panel. With the original FX784-8 & 9 and FX727 boards the hydraulic pump contactor pulls and the dual drive contactor pulls. If I put any of the spare boards that I've acquired in to replace them those 3 boards, neither of those contactors pull. Yesterday I turned on the control and the monitor actually came on with the home screen. Unfortunately the control didn't initialize. No buttons worked, couldn't change screens or anything else. After I shut it down and re-started it no more monitor. So the monitor does work. Right now I'm waiting on a FX884 board to see if replacing the 784 boards with the 884 board may work. Hope it works. That board must be gold plated. .

Downloads
    Uploads

Just a couple of added bits of information that I didn't put in the original thread. The control is Cam T2. And just to clarify the monitor is connected to a X-VGA BOX not an X box controller. Yesterday the monitor did actually show the full screen. Unfortunately the control wasn't working as no buttons worked. Couldn't change screens Just the picture on the monitor. I turned it off and on again. No monitor again. At least I know the monitor still works. Now to get the control working with the monitor. Right now I'm waiting on a FX884 board to replace the FX784-8 & 9 boards. Hopefully that may help or at least make some difference. I'm pretty sure that it originally had a FX884 board installed. The strip above the boards in the control box shows FX884 and not FX784-8 or 9. When I got the machine it had the FX784 boards in it and it worked fine for over 4 years. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Just adding to the previous info. The control is a T2. The converter box that the monitor is connected to is a X-VGA BOX and not an X box controller. Yesterday I was checking a few things and turned the control on and the monitor came on with the basic screen. Unfortunately the control wasn't working. No buttons would work. Couldn't change screens. I turned it off and on again. No monitor again. At least I know the monitor does work. Now to get it to work with the control. Currently I'm waiting on a FX884 board. There are FX784-8 & 9 boards in the control now and that is what it's been working on for the past 4 years. I'm pretty sure it originally had a FX884 board in it. On the top of the control box that all the boards are in. (Backplane). There is a strip listing the position of all the installed boards. It shows FX884 and not FX784-8 or 9. Hopefully it will work. It cost about 8 times more than any other board I've gotten for this yet. Seem they are all specific to the machine they were in and no one lists that information. Even without the parameters. Different chips on the board from supposedly the same control. Same numbers on the board.

Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

Quick update to this post. The control is a T2. Left that out of the last post. Also the box that the monitor is hooked to is a X-VGA BOX. The X-Box would probably more relate to a game controller. On Monday I started the machine and by some strange event the monitor came on with the complete start page. Unfortunately none of the buttons or switches were operable. Couldn't switch pages so the control wasn't initialized. After turning it off and re-starting it. No monitor as before. At least I know it will work. Very random as to if it works or not. I ordered another board off of Ebay. I'm going to try a FX884 board in place of the FX784-8 & 9 boards. I've noticed that even though the board has the same numbers on them they appear to be configured differently. Different chips in different locations. Some have more chips than others. Chances of finding one that is configured for a machine with a sub spindle are not good.

I'll keep plugging away at it until something works. Would be great to get some info from a Mazak guru.

Downloads
    Uploads

hello I even have machine mazak QT8 T2 please contact me maintenanceamira@gmail.com