Need Help! MAZAK M640M PLC need modfily on the PC

Thread: MAZAK M640M PLC need modfily on the PC

Default MAZAK M640M PLC need modfily on the PC

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MAZAK M640M PLC need modfily on the PC

I have an older M3 control, so it is a different beast, but a lot of the same concepts still apply. On my machine, it was possible to have PLC in EPROMs that are installed in a "personality cartridge" or, I believe, something that was dynamically loaded through the RS232 port. In the latter case, the personality cartridge would be filled with RAM. You likely have the same setup. If you have EPROMs, you'll need to get the appropriate software and then burn new EPROMs. Oh, and the personality cartridge on my machine doesn't have socketed EPROMs, so you'd have to do a lot of unsoldering too. If you have a RAM based solution, you'd still need the software, but then you'd just upload the new version.

It *MIGHT* be possible to make temporary changes to the PLC in RAM. I've theorized, but not confirmed, that the PC reads the EPROM and copies the data to RAM. That would make sense to me. Once in RAM, you could modify the PLC to your hearts content using the built in editor. The manuals should tell you how to do this.... However, this type of editing will be lost when you reformat the memory (and, again, this is theory... I've not actually tried it.sssssss

Quote Originally Posted by kelenew View Post
    hi everyone
    is it possible modfily the MAZAK M640M PLC on the PC ?

PLC name is LADDER.LDX
    Hi you i want to modify option mazak pc fusion you can buy for me password.thanks e-mail nguyenhoangminh984@gmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

If you go down the purchase route... Please post the info here so others can self help later.

Downloads
    Uploads

Modifying the LADDER.LDX on a PC is possible, but only Mazak has that software and do not share it. I'm doing a research to see if can be exported.

To modify the ladder on the machine, check this out
    Password to edit is "1131" and there are some steps to enter it.
    Hope this helps.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MrMetric View Post
    I have an older M3 control, so it is a different beast, but a lot of the same concepts still apply. On my machine, it was possible to have PLC in EPROMs that are installed in a "personality cartridge" or, I believe, something that was dynamically loaded through the RS232 port. In the latter pizza tower case, the personality cartridge would be filled with RAM. You likely have the same setup. If you have EPROMs, you'll need to get the appropriate software and then burn new EPROMs. Oh, and the personality cartridge on my machine doesn't have socketed EPROMs, so you'd have to do a lot of unsoldering too. If you have a RAM based solution, you'd still need the software, but then you'd just upload the new version.

It *MIGHT* be possible to make temporary changes to the PLC in RAM. I've theorized, but not confirmed, that the PC reads the EPROM and copies the data to RAM. That would make sense to me. Once in RAM, you could modify the PLC to your hearts content using the built in editor. The manuals should tell you how to do this.... However, this type of editing will be lost when you reformat the memory (and, again, this is theory... I've not actually tried it.sssssss
    If the PLC logic is stored in EPROMs, then modifying the PLC program involves obtaining the appropriate software for programming and burning new EPROMs. This can be a technical process, requiring the correct software, hardware programmer, and knowledge of the control system's memory layout.