Need Help! Meldas 500 - Z71 Error

Thread: Meldas 500 - Z71 Error

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Meldas 500 - Z71 Error

I have Mitsubishi Meldas 500 with this error only:
    Z71 DETECTOR ERROR 0001 Z
    I'm trying to figure out what the problem might be, so I found this information, but it doesn't help me much.

Meldas 500 - Z71 Error-z71-0001-png

Is this a problem with the encoder?
    The zero point could be initialized without problem.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Meldas 500 - Z71 Error

It seems pretty clear to me, honestly.... There is a backup battery on the servo amplifier, and it seems like that battery needs to be replaced. If you do *not* have a battery, then the confusion on the error makes more sense to me. In this case, you probably have bad parameters and may well need to replace the battery on the Meldas NC unit itself.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, thank you, I found that there is a battery for the controller. We changed about a year ago a battery pack with 4 batteries probably for the drives, and we missed this one.
    Meldas 500 - Z71 Error-cr23500se-3v-jpg
    After the change we will see if it will solve the problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

Awesome! Be aware that you need to have your machine ON (not just the power switch, but also the control) to charge the NC battery (not sure about those on the drives). Also, I have an M3 control so the batteries and such might be slightly different. That said, I know the M300 is basically an M3, and I want to say that the M500 isn't too different. Maybe you can put some photos up of the drives in question? I ask this, by the way, because the battery picture you have shown is of a different type than one would typically find in an M3 or its MR-S11 type drives.

Best practice for an M3 would be to turn the machine on for a while before changing the control battery. The reason for this is that there is a series of super capacitors that will temporarily retain the memory while the battery is being changed. How long? I have no idea.... I would try to be moderately expeditious though. Reloading a machine is a bit of a paid (of course, you *should* have made a backup of all areas, I hope!). Again, much of this "knowledge" comes from the M3/M300 control, so bear in mind that my information may have limited use. :-)

Good Luck!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, I replaced the battery, but the problem remains. Still showing the same error.
    I also checked the recently replaced other batteries, they are four in a package, all are well.
    So the batteries are fine, how to check the detector?

Downloads
    Uploads

If you are absolutely confident that the battery is in good condition, I would say that the likely problem is with the drive itself. My first area of concentration would probably be on the daughter board upon which the battery is mounted. There is going to be a detection circuit there which is probably faulty. Finding the fault is going to be something that would require knowledge of circuitry though. It is not going to be for the feint at heart.... There is a step you can perform to help bolster your confidence that a board failure is, in fact, the cause, but this is not without its own risks and complications. You would swap the daughter boards between a drive that doesn't have the error and the one that does. The risk here is that anytime you mess with boards, you run the risk of damaging them or the drive. It *probably* isn't a high risk, but it absolutely exists. In addition, you have to be aware you will lose the position of the drives, of course. As such, you will need to perform whatever is required to get back to the known state.

Needless to say, you go down this path without any warranty, etc. You accept 100% of the risk. I'm just spewing forth ideas to consider, not providing tangible advice.