Error 33: bad format on program even though it seems fine....

Thread: Error 33: bad format on program even though it seems fine....

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Error 33: bad format on program even though it seems fine....

I'm running into a frustrating problem. I'm trying to setup a Renishaw probe on my Meldas M3 controlled machine. I've run the macro generator on the Renishaw disk and it created multiple macros. One of these was a simple common variable setting macro. Yet, as simple as this is, I cannot get it to run without an error. I've pared down the macro so that I can put a representative sample that fails below. Consider the following:

Code:
    %
    O9750(REN_SETTING)
    (F-4012-0584-0Y)
    G90G80G40G0
    #129=1(MM)
    IF[#4006EQ21]GOTO10
    IF[#4006EQ71]GOTO10
    #129=1/25.4(INCH)
    ()
    ()
    ()
    N10
    #101=8.(FIRST*PROBE*TOUCH)
    #127=197.(RAPIDTRAVERSE)
    #110=0.394(TOOLS*ABOVE*ROTATE)
    #111=3.937(CUTTER*DIA*ABOVE*SINGLE*SIDE)
    #138=0.(LONG*TOOL)
    #139=0.(SHORT*TOOL)
    #124=79.(SEARCH*FEEDRATE)
    #113=3.937(INITAL*CLEARANCE)
    #114=0.394(SECONDARY*CLEARANCE*Z)
    #125=0.2(RADIAL*CLEARANCE*)
    #117=0.2(DEFAULT*OVERTRAVEL)
    #145=0.0002(ZONECHK)
    #105=0.012(BACK*OFF)
    ()
    #102=1.(OFFSET*TYPE)
    #120=520(BASENUMBER)
    #104=-1.(PROBE*ORIENT)
    #103=1.(SINGLE*SIDED*SELECTION)
    ()
    There is nothing here that seems off, but when I try to single step through the program, it fails after the set of #105 (about 7 lines from the bottom). The failure is of little use because the manual simple gives a "fix the program" comment for how to resolve error 33. What I can say is that #102 is loaded with "1", but #120 is not loaded with 520. These lines look fine, though. I then created a small macro to experiment with setting common variables with and without decimal points, but I couldn't find a problem. After paring down the long macro to what is shown above, which fails, I tried to determine what would 'fix' the problem. This is where it got *really* interesting....

By and large, *any* edit of the data above the "#120=520" line will cause the macro to run. This can even be something as innocuous as one of the comment lines (such as #9). Adding a comment line also fixes the problem. I can not only run the program, but the expected values are seeded in the common variables. Now, an addition or deletion of a comment line should not, in my opinion, have *any* bearing on the success (or lack thereof) running the macro!

Does anyone have ideas? Maybe this is some latent firmware bug of the M3 control?

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.