Mazak Maztrol T2 X axis servo lag

Thread: Mazak Maztrol T2 X axis servo lag

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mazak Maztrol T2 X axis servo lag

Getting a code 1 servo lag when moving the x axis.
    Have all the parameters in off the original parameter page.
    I’ve checked everything I can think of but I’m at a loss.
    Anyone here have any experience with this control?
    Machine is a 1986 Quick Turn 20N Universal.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mazak Maztrol T2 X axis servo lag

Quote Originally Posted by McGrathCNC View Post
    Getting a code 1 servo lag when moving the x axis.
    Have all the parameters in off the original parameter page.
    I’ve checked everything I can think of but I’m at a loss.
    Anyone here have any experience with this control?
    Machine is a 1986 Quick Turn 20N Universal.
    It is a problem with axis drive. I have found that putting a heater (light bulb) in cabinet works sometimes.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by murphyc1 View Post
    It is a problem with axis drive. I have found that putting a heater (light bulb) in cabinet works sometimes.
    Out of desperation I gave the heat source a try.
    Sadly it wasn’t a fix
    Looks like 10500 lbs of scrap

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know this control, but I'm wondering if you are not having a problem with something in the generation side. I am assuming that this is an AC servo, in which case the three waves are generated by a series of transistors. If you have problems with the firing circuitry, or the transistors themselves, that could cause a weak motor. The same could also be true of bad contacts in the cable connectors, a broken wire, or a bad winding in the motor. I'm not sure I'd give up the ghost just yet on your machine, unless you have decided it is just time to do so.... you could probably even pickup an amp on eBay for a decent price, from what I could tell (I couldn't concretely identify *which* amp your machine uses though).

Downloads
    Uploads

...I think Mitsubishi/Mazak drives were DC Servo in 1986 and I see some available on Fleabay....which means Tach and Motor Brushes maybe wore out or need maintenance.
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...+sound&_sop=10

Downloads
    Uploads

Ah, thank you for indicating a technology.... My guess is that if it is a DC servo, then even more options are available. The next generation (M3) is what I'm most familiar with, and it is definitely AC servo based. Those amps have a custom interface between the NC control and the amps, so you can't easily replace the amps with a different type. However, most DC amps I've seen are usually just an analog voltage as an input (plus some peripheral signals for enabling, direction, etc.). You could probably use one of many different suitable DC amps that are out there as a replacement, if you didn't find a Mitsubishi amp.

Downloads
    Uploads

The machine ran perfectly until the batteries went dead.
    It lost its parameters. Parameters are all reinstalled. Makes no sense why it has a x axis servo lag now.

Downloads
    Uploads

OK. It sounds like this is very much getting into the details of that specific control, for which I have zero experience. Sorry, but I can't provide any help.... If you are going to go down the path of chucking it, though, try to find someone local that you can give it to. I hate seeing good machines go to the dump over problems that might just take some research to figure out. I get why a business owner might not want to expend that time on an old machine, but there are plenty of other people that are willing to install new controls, etc. A repurposed machine is always better than something going to landfill or a scrapper. Just my own perspective, of course. But, I wish you well with the machine... regards.

Downloads
    Uploads

I’ve spent countless hours on the net looking for answers.
    Been thru the Electrical manual tracing switches and relays for hours. To the best of my ability(which is limited) I’ve yet to find a problem with the physical machine. It has to be in the software but that’s above my head. Maybe with the correct maintenance manual that shows how to get to the ladders and a road map? I just don’t know. Frustrating.

Thanks for everyone’s help.