Mazak VQC 20/40 Mazatrol M2 Freqrol PLG with external Encoder for orientation

Thread: Mazak VQC 20/40 Mazatrol M2 Freqrol PLG with external Encoder for orientation

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mazak VQC 20/40 Mazatrol M2 Freqrol PLG with external Encoder for orientation

hi all

I am trouble shooting the Spindle / Spindeldrive / PLG / Encoder.

I did clean the Spindle motor and the fan. i cleand also the Pulscoder Sensor. Probably now is to near at the tooth. I have more than 2 V on the PA / PB Channel...I cannot reduce with the gain pot lower. ==> I need to reopen the Motor and remove the fan and increase some space between the tooth and the sensor. will do that tomorrow. Signalform 2 Sinus with 90° offset is ok.

Then,
    I checked the Encoder on the Spindle by osciloscope. CH 52/53 A / B rectangle Signal are fine. BUT it seems the Index pulse is from always 5V to 0v instead opposite (CH54) Very strange. Has someone a tip? At least the Index is here... Or is the Index cable wrong connected with the reversed Index signal to ch54??

Then, if i turn off Switch 6.2 OpenLoop Speed Loop, i still cannot increase Spindle Speed, yet the spindle turns at creep speed...and i can switch on and off.

Also with Switch 6.1 off Oriental test does not work...Probalbly because the Encoder Index signal is inverse..(above on osciloscope)Button 2 starts the spindel but never does stop, probably because index is not found..

Today i adjusted the PLG Sensor, as asumed i did mount the sensor after Cleaning the Spindle and Sensor to near. Actually 0.005 mm gap.
    I did use precision film tape. On my Sensor ther was written 0.25mm not 0.16mm as in manual. So i mounted with 0.25mm.
    Now i could perfectly adjust to 1.45-1.55 Vpeak also checked with DMM 1.07V.

So PLG seems to work and the Encoder also......but Spindle does still not work. If Speed loop is closed i still get LED 14 excessive Speed Error. Where to look next?
    What i dont understand, creep speed works in Open Speed Loop if i press Spindle start and stop...just only creep speed..

Could i try to look if Analog 10V Speed in would do somethinig? In open Speed loop i have also no failure on the Spindledrive...

Regarding Digital Speed setting, this seems to be ok, i can see the speed rpm LED does match/change when i change Speed on the Frontpanel.

Today i checked all Voltage on Powersupply all fine.

Then i have a 6000er Spindle. If i command 3000rpm on Frontpanel, on CH41 -AGA (Analog Command voltage) is about 5V. So this seems also fine.

Then CH4-AGA and CH5-AGA reference sine waves are produced.

Only failure in Speed Loop Closed, LED 14, which mean, either PLG or CPU. But PLG is ok. CPU has no more failure i can locate...

What else can i check tomorrow?

I am very grateful for any hint!

Best regards
    Martin